Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After yesterday's voice probs I started pottering about with trying to get video in the screen as described on page 55 of the audio and nav manual tried the iPod and the phone both with supplied lead and genuine apple av cable
Guess what ------- nothing
And yes car was stopped hand break on
Any one have any luck getting this to work

·
Registered
97 Posts
There's a vid on Youtube where it has been done with another phone. You may have seen it 'KIA SPORTAGE : Video en Navegador Parte II'

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seriously has any one managed to get any video play back from any device on the nav screen

i contacted kia customer services and there answer was if its in the book it should work go back to your dealer ill do this later in the week

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got a very small flicker of an image this morning with my nikon then it vanished im still wating on a response from kia edinburgh but not holding my breath wats your take on page 55 of the manual hgf69

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just wondering as well, is there anyway to download the head unit files using the USB input?

Obviously this works as an input but 'in theory' we should be able to get the data using it as an output source to a PC, right?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would agree
I'll scan the page and put it up later here's the response I for from KIA
Thank you for your e-mail received on 15 May 2011 regarding the Satellite Navigation System in your Kia Sportage.

I am sorry to learn about the difficulties that you have experienced with the Satellite Navigation system. 

The Kia Technical Department is unaware of any issues with the function and operation of the feature that you refer to and we would suggest that you contact your local Kia dealership in order for them to investigate this issue further.

Thank you for contacting Kia Motors (UK) Ltd.

Yours sincerely

Vijay Ghera
Customer Service
0845 6017521

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to get it checked out when my infill strips for rhe roof bars come in
They only ordered 2 of the 4 required

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back to accessing the unit hgf I just tried this put the unit in show firmware software screen tap the screen in this sequence
Top left
Bott right
Top right
Bott left
Centre
It should now say test mode hit ok
Put in password. 111484
Vola windows from there double tap my device you can now as it appears connect to a pc
Pen drive etc I'm going to have a bash at putting in coreplayer for windows ce
As for getting out of windows I hit start suspend and got black screen so just pulled the fuse for a few seconds and all went back to normal
I need to read more on the Spanish site

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A mate at work gave me another composite to 3.5mm jack lead this morning and it works to a fashion

Using genuine iPod tv lead to this unknown composite lead plugged in put on a tube video and got sound so swapped round cables and got video but lots of interference ?? But it's a step forward
I'll try and get a video up tonight

·
Registered
260 Posts
If anyone's gonna crack it you are LOL.

Be good to see the system files and be able to tweak it somewhat.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Erm well sort of
Had a play around at lunch time got some progress I eliminated White noise problem all I did was just connect the genuine iPod USB cable to the car USB
The volume did drop and more so on the left hand side
This was tested with iPad1 the in screen picture was a little smaller than the 7" nav screen but there is a fix for that if your apple stuff is jailbroken it's called tv out tuner you can get from cydia

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did it with bells and whistles on got iphone connected
im going to start a new post for this one beleave me its big first video loading up to u tube just now

a wee taste of what iv done
iphone connected video on screen,utube videos , camera pics and video,
and if you are jailbroken you can use an app to see everything on screen yep the home screen apps live tv from tv catchup and sky sports streams live too ya dancer
only down side is the hand brake must be on so

iv installed core player for windows mobile ( ce ) that video is still to be made but will come
you can play video from a usb stick any time
credit due to our spanish friends whos fourm has helped a lot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, my name is rene vom Germany. I am trying to connect my samsung galaxy note with hdmi-adapter an hdmi/cvbs-converter to my sportage III navi. I have the 4-pi-nokia-connector.
all video-sources are very flickering and i have interferences on screen. the sound is "ok".
question: Is there a way to connect the navigationsystem from backside direct and not over the
aux-connector? I think the cables of the aux-connector are bad shielded.
Here is an example for interferencing:
http://www.vidup.de/v/I4NaL/

Edited by: OpaSportage

1 - 19 of 19 Posts