Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted a lock switch by Dip-Tech in Germany to my 57plate Sorento. It's fairly easy to do and fits perfectly into the space where the original drive selector switch is. It really is worth doing, I now have, High range- RWD, 4WD auto, and 4WD locked. Low range- RWD, 4WD Auto, and 4WD locked. All options are selected manually. It is brilliant, as most people know with the standard TOD system it can often start activating 4WD when not needed due to tyre wear or uneven tyre pressure. Also you must always have all four tyres the same make and always replace all four together, not any more. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
Santa Fe auto Sorento auto gone. Picanto & i10
5,203 Posts
It was a bad system if owners did not keep on top of regular tyre checks. 2003 my son in law had 15 Sorento on his rental fleet and after gaining knowledge of the TOD system workings I purchased my own Sorento in 2004 but had the XE model as it was selected manually as you now have. Owned it for 10+ years and transmittion totally fault free.

Reactions: Bill Ridley

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just fitted a lock switch by Dip-Tech in Germany to my 57plate Sorento. It's fairly easy to do and fits perfectly into the space where the original drive selector switch is. It really is worth doing, I now have, High range- RWD, 4WD auto, and 4WD locked. Low range- RWD, 4WD Auto, and 4WD locked. All options are selected manually. It is brilliant, as most people know with the standard TOD system it can often start activating 4WD when not needed due to tyre wear or uneven tyre pressure. Also you must always have all four tyres the same make and always replace all four together, not any more. Highly recommended.
Hi, could you tell me what the kit is called and where you purchased it from, thanks Robert

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, could you tell me what the kit is called and where you purchased it from, thanks Robert
Hello Robert, I'll look up the details tomorrow and get back to you. I believe it was just called 'lock switch' but in the meantime if you Google 'Dip-Tech' you'll probably find the details. I'll find the paperwork in the morning and send you all the relevant details. Cheers, Bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.