Kia Owners Club Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes so I can connect the switch to the wires thank you for the picture that helps I need all the help I can get for me to do the job

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes so I can connect the switch to the wires thank you for the picture that helps I need all the help I can get for me to do the job
Dont worry I was the same f0ster helped me out now that I've done it it seems easy you'll get there I mounted the resistor behind the panel that feeds the drivers door air duct so if your drivers door is open it's the end panel grey on the dash it just pops out I thought if the resistor ever went wrong it's easy to get to as for the switch I cut a hole above the normal rotary 4x4 switch because with the end panel off you can get to the back of the switch if need be.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
the wire for the 4x4 light goes to terminal D & the ground wire terminal E as per diagram, the switch has six terminals, each bank of three are electronically seperate from the other three and they have to be this way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I have my transfer box mag clutch repaird how long will it be be for it gose again and is it a good idea to have this bypass done as well to save the box

·
Registered
255 Posts
So I don't need to touch the tod controller
You need to cut the wires from the controller and wire up as discussed not much point changing mag clutch etc if you use this mod it's not that often you will need 4wd unless your an off roader of course.

·
Registered
255 Posts
HAVE YOU GOT A SKETCH PLEASE SO I CAN FOLLOW
On f0sters diagram the resistor is on it however if you cant see it the resistor one side goes to terminal c that's bottom left on switch the other side goes to earth that's it so to recap harness side of yellow single wire to top left terminal 9n switch yellow single wire from tod controller second left terminal on switch resistor one side to 3rd bottom left on switch the other side of resistor to earth.
Then cut green and black wire second one in on right hand tod control plug the harness side goes to top right of switch the control cut wire is taped up and left the second right terminal on switch goes to earth bottom right terminal on switch is not used.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On f0sters diagram the resistor is on it however if you cant see it the resistor one side goes to terminal c that's bottom left on switch the other side goes to earth that's it so to recap harness side of yellow single wire to top left terminal 9n switch yellow single wire from tod controller second left terminal on switch resistor one side to 3rd bottom left on switch the other side of resistor to earth.
Then cut green and black wire second one in on right hand tod control plug the harness side goes to top right of switch the control cut wire is taped up and left the second right terminal on switch goes to earth bottom right terminal on switch is not used.
GREAT THANK YOU SO AS FOR THE SWITCH IN POSITION 1 -0-11 WHAT IS 1 FOR 0 IS OFF WHAT IS 11 FOR?

Using capital letters is classed as shouting on forums which I know you didn't know....please use lower case.
Paul
Admin

·
Registered
255 Posts
ALSO AM CORRECT IN SAYING THE RESISTER GOES TO TERMINAL C AND THEN TO EARTH
OK WHAT SIZE WIRE DO I USE PLEASE
16amp
GREAT THANK YOU SO AS FOR THE SWITCH IN POSITION 1 -0-11 WHAT IS 1 FOR 0 IS OFF WHAT IS 11 FOR?

Using capital letters is classed as shouting on forums which I know you didn't know....please use lower case.
Paul
Admin

Paul
Admin
1 is for 2wheel drive higher low 11 is for 4x4 auto normal kia mode you shouldentbuse 0 because it's a dead position you should be running on position 1 normaly

·
Registered
255 Posts
16amp

1 is for 2wheel drive higher low 11 is for 4x4 auto normal kia mode you shouldentbuse 0 because it's a dead position you should be running on position 1 normaly
When you are in position 1 you have 2wheel drive high if you select 4x4 low on the kia rotary switch you will be in 2 wheel drive low gear position 2 is 4x4 normal kia mode this is when the 4x4 light will be on (the orange light)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Hoverspeed
Thanks for your reply, I actually didn't bother wiring the light up, does it need wiring up to prevent this ABS issue?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
the light is not required. it is just there to let you know what mode it is in.

·
Registered
255 Posts
When you are in position 1 you have 2wheel drive high if you select 4x4 low on the kia rotary switch you will be in 2 wheel drive low gear position 2 is 4x4 normal kia mode this is when the 4x4 light will be on (the orange light)
If you are in neutral and you make selections on the new switch you will hear the engagements when in position 11 on the switch you will be using the original mag clutch when in position 1 you will be using the resistor hope this explains it.
Hi Hoverspeed
Thanks for your reply, I actually didn't bother wiring the light up, does it need wiring up to prevent this ABS issue?
No it's not nessecary to have the light I cant see why you have an abs light problem are you using the same type of switch as I used? You have to have the switch on position 1 for two wheel drive if your switch is in the middle position 0 then the abs light does come on also when you are selecting positions make sure you are in neutral on the gearbox you cant change on the move or at least mine doesn't.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts