Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the above circuit gives you access to 2wd low, 2wd high, auto, 4x4 high, 4x4 low, it saves your clutch pack from wearing out, it allows you to mix your tyres as you wish without the problem of having the 4x4 starting to engage wearing the clutch pack, if you want 4x4 you select it with the switch, simple and effective, it also puts the 4x4 light on the dash when 4x4 is selected,Edited by: f0ster

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm really interested in this solution, but the posted illustration is a bit fuzzy and I cannot read it?
Please could you possibly provide a link or perhaps PDF copy ? Thanks

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
There is no rocket science to it.All that is needed is a switch, a relay and a resistor the same value as the clutch pack coil.When the switch is used it will cut off the voltage supply to the clutch coil and the relay will bring in the resistor, thus fooling the control unit that the clutch coil is still operating

Should of added relay needs NO&NC contacts.
Edited by: BIRDMAN

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have another design of a circuit that I have also used on vehicles that uses relays, the problem with it is that for a lot of people that are not used with reading circuit diagrams it will be very difficult to follow, I was responding to previous posts, I have tried to make it as easy as possible for people to use, if you want the full circuit I can post it but you will not find it as easy to follow, you then need to install it in to the vehicle, it is not meant to be "rocket science", it is meant to help people out because the Sorento TOD control system is pure garbage, the transfer box is well made but totally spoiled by the Kia mickey mouse control system, this TOD transfer box is keeping the dealers "very" busy. this mod solves most of the problems. do you not think you could have said thank you instead of criticism.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
fOster if your post was aimed at me, there was no criticism whatsoever, only explaining to louth 4x4 that there was a simple solution only costing pence which could be done by anyone with electric ability.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi F0ster,

I believe you sent me a pm, I can't access that until I've more posts.

Hope it's the stuff I need so thanks in advance.

Regards

1 - 20 of 111 Posts