Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a sportage 09 plate to replace maverick 04 plate. I need this vehicle to tow a horse box and pony approx 1500kg. Having done a bit of research on the web there ain't a lot of good press surrounding this vehicle and its ability to tow....can anyonesuggest otherwise? Help me if you can!

·
Registered
197 Posts
The vehicle has had a favourable towing review from the Caravan club - see:
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/practical-advice/thinking-of-buying/award-winning-choices/towcar-of-the-year-awards/tested-towcars/kia/kia-sportage-20-crdi-xs

I would make 2 comments (having also towed horses over the years)....first, there is no low ratio box - only a very low 1st gear - so if you are in truly muddy fields with that amount of weight on the back this could be an issue. Secondly, 1500 Kg is close to the limit I - and the Caravan Club - would choose to tow based on the weight of the Sportage. You may be better off looking for a Sorento for heavy towing.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Totally agree with Blow-in, Sportage is a great motor, but with that towing weight and better off road use I would have a look at the Sorrento.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts