Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided (suddenly, since various circumstances had changed) that I had to buy the E-Niro I'd fancied for a long time. More exactly, I wanted the latest version of the E-Niro. I'd fancied the earlier model, before that, and it had had good reviews.

There are two Kia dealers, both a similar distance from me, and the approach from TMS was the most attractive. No pushy sales pitch, but they wanted my business (I buy, I tend not to be sold to) The other dealer really had a "take it or leave it attitude" TMS couldn't fulfil my order immediately, but got me a car in the colour I wanted (Promised in a fortnight, delivered in 12 days) They gave a reasonable PX value for my car(s) we were dropping to one... And, they acccepted my PXs early. (The VED was running out on both, MOT on one, they had to be off the drive or SORN'd by month end) If I remember correctly, from deciding to purchase to agreeing the deal was only a few hours. Not long enough for me to get cold feet... Happily.

Car was prepped nicely, the saleswoman made an instructive video and uploaded it, and overall, the purchase was entirely trauma free. (The instructive video was recorded at such a pace I couldn't suffer any lapse of concentration, as I do watching a lecture where the lecturer's slow to get to the point...)
And, the car, though I've covered few miles in it, is living up to the reviews.
I could not, fifty years ago, have imagined buying a car made in South Korea...

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
60 Posts
Is there a link to that video, might help me get to grips with mine, this Luddite is bewildered by all this Tech.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Is there a link to that video, might help me get to grips with mine, this Luddite is bewildered by all this Tech.
I agree. If the OP would like to post it in the "How To" section that would be great.

Nice to see that dealers are working round the Covid Safe regulation in a good way. Rather than just handing over the keys & off you go. When you have no idea what you are doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, the video was personalized for me, but just in respect of my given name being used in it. What I'll do is email the saleswoman, ask permission... and punt the idea of her responding to others who struggle, posting video instructions in response to questions. The video wasn't comprehensive, it was fairly basic, to get me started, but the important thing for me was that it wasn't Zzzzz... The number of boring training films I slept through in the armed services...
I'm not a very patient person, I don't sit at night reading manuals, and I'm generally still learning about any car's facilities right up until the end of ownership (sometimes beyond)
The woman's a car enthusiast, too, which shows, and the ease and fluidity of the delivery showed she knew stuff... I like that...

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is the dealer on London Road yeah?

I think there's been positive reports on them before. I'm probably going to use them next service if I'm still in Leicester.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts