Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

just brought 2009 titan manual which i collect on mon 28th to tow my 1800kg twin axle caravan,can anybody tell me if there are any problems to look out for

·
Registered
27 Posts
09 titan....It should be a great 4x4 , check any oil leak on steering rack, this is my biggest issue on my sorento no warning/sign... apart from that very reliable 4x4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
High check for any noises or apparent tightening of the drive on bends especially at low speeds,unfortunatelyI bought a 2007 Titan to tow my caravan in November, as yet I have not towed my caravan as the vehicle seems to spend alot of time at the garage. All started with a noise and apparent front jumping on bends, diagnosed as a failure of the transfer box due to lack of lubrication caused by an oil leak, apparently due to damage to the box so not covered by warranty, £3,500 pounds to replace. After 120 miles problem returned car has spent over 2 weeks at main dealers who even though have witnessed the problem and say it is due to 4 wheel drive engaging when it should not cant find the fault.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi sorry about your sorento, but i have just sold mine. 2005 2.5 auto.it was a great tow car, you didn't know the van 1850k was on the back. but with all the problems they seem to have with transmission and 4 x 4. but i was getting a wheel spin type shudder on turning right and grinding whir when at a cruising speed i had a new wheel bearing but the fault is still the same, they now say they can't find anything wrong. but it probably nothing serious to worry about. that dose not give any confidence to tow through France this year.they really don't know there own cars. and they don't care about the customer.so it's bye bye to kia forever.. kia have the best looking 4x4 on the market its a shame it not backed up by good dealership,proper warranty,and build quality.now looking for somethingelse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts