Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my timing chain correctly,and then installing the timing tensioner, I turned the engine clockwise manually,it moved nicely along until the timing tensioner collapsed. What could be the problem. Timing chain not aligned properly or faulty tensioner

Registered
What could be the problem.
Welcome to the forum, 'Pondrix'.

It's good form to first introduce yourself, preferably with a few words about your model and year of manufacture. Once you have done that, then place your query in the relevant model forum and sub-forum if applicable. That way, you will perhaps get the attention of someone who knows the model well and who may even have 'been there; done that'.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. My Constantine aka Pondrix. I drive a kia sorento 2004 model 2.5 liter diesel turbo and milage 190 374 km.. The timing chain issue came about because of changing the high pressure pump. I have since replaced the high pressure and I have timing chain issues. After seemingly timing correctly as per timing chain marks,the issue comes when I manually turn the engine clockwise,it turns a little and does not complete a full rotation,the hydraulic timing tensioner collapsesand becomes hard to turn. Is it a faulty tensioner or there is more it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts