Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI NEw to this forum. can anyone tell me where the key ways should be positioned on the pulleys on a 2.9 tdi sedona 2001 and also a pic of timing set up ive got autodata but if anyone has a better pic please elt me know

cheers in advance

mal

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you go on kia forum . com i guy posted me a diagram failing this i have a disc for the 2.9 crdi the only difference is the electric pump on crdi timing is the same have just rebuilt my engine using the disc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO YOU HAVE A LINK TO THE POST WHERE GUY SENT YOU PIC? I HAVE AUTODATA TIMING BELT TIMING PIC I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHICH POSITION THE KEYWAY SHOULD BE IN ON THE CAM PULLEYS

CHEER

·
Registered
9 Posts
where should they be as mine wont start is the pump timed at 3 oclock fly wheel at 12 oclock bought mine off e-bay with snapped cam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
READ ON THE CAMSHAFTS THEY SAY INLET AND EXHAUST AND KEYWAY SHOULD BE AT 90 DEGREES TO MARKINGS ON CAM NOT OPPOSIT LIKE KIA TOLD ME. IF CAMS ARE IN WRONG IT WILL BLOW BACK THROUGH INLET MANIFOLD BUT IF PULLEYS ARE ON WRONG IT WONT IT WILLL JUST SOUND NORMAL BUT WONT START

·
Registered
5 Posts
to maltech, this is metalman could you possibly send me a diagram of the same thing because i am having the same problem, engine will turn over but not start, put new timing belt on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi
If you have diesel at the injectors then I suggest you retime the engine with it 1 or 2 teeth out on the injector pump marks .The diagrams show the mark for the injector pump to be at 30'clock.In practice if timed like this they will not start. The timing just needs to be past 3 o'clock.I had 3 that I had to do this to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, can you please explain this further, as i have the same problem. first it was blowing exhaust fumes through the inlet and now after changing the keyways it sounds normal but wont start. many thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
to "time up" a 2.9 crdi you need the dowels on the end of each cam at 12"oclock and the marks on the pulleys pointing toward each other , the crankshaft at 12"oclock( there is a cut out on the rear if the sprocket) , the fuel pump mark is just past 3"oclock (and yes is damn hard to see) but you can lock the pulley by screwing in a long m6 bolt but don't tighten too much. fitting the belt can be quite tight especially if you have the type with the guide plate on the inlet cam but if you remove the small idler at the rear below the exh pulley it helps a lot.if you have exh gasses in the inlet then you have fitted the pulley wrong (choice of 2 slots)

·
Registered
2 Posts
MALTECH said:
IF YOUR STUCK OR UNSURE ILL DRAW DIAGRAMME AND E MAIL IT TO YOU
can you please also sent me diagram for the correct timing marking for my kia carnival 2001 model 2.9 TDI diesel engine?

thank you in advance

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
If you click on his profile he has not been on here since 2009 so doubt he will answer
Click on this link several diagrams https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=2001%20sedona%202.9%20timing%20marks

Edited by: BIRDMAN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts