Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi allIm after some help with my 54 plate2.9 diesel sedona,we purchased it 6 months ago for £2600and it had 63000 mile on the clock after about 10 days theengine started playing up and we had trouble starting the car andended up having 3 new injectors(which the garage told us only needed replacing)which cost us£1300put in the car and it run fine till last week..now done 66000 miles
we had the car sorted out again at a different garage and they told us the other injectors hadnt been mapped properlyand had the other 1injector replaced at the cost of £590but now we have been told we will need a new timing belt at the cost of about £1000....as it has to be done at 50-60,000 miles ..
A now cheep car £2600has cost £4400do and is eating my cash .. is it really going to cost £1000 for a timing belt .
thanks for lookin and it would be great for your advise

Ade&sam

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. I would have thought that the belt would have been changed before the 60,000. Cant you check up on this? £700 seems to be the price members have been quoted on the forum! Your garage seems to be quite heavy on the pencil there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mininut We have only some service history as the car was a mobility car . nothing on any of the records after that we have nohistory untill a vet bought it to use as a dog ambulance but he hit a hurdle as no insurance company would cover him so before he converted it he put it on auto trader ( thats the story we were told ) but after only 10 days she started playing up .. i cant sell it really as it owes me so much money so i guess shop around and try to find a better price for timing belt ..( my poor bank ballance )

ade

·
Registered
399 Posts
Was it a mobility car from new? they usually sell them off after 3yrs. What I'm getting at is mobility cars are serviced properly for three yrs. Who owned the car after that and before the vet got it? It sounds to me like you have hit some bad luck mate, to say the obvious.Best thing is, someone from around your area might be on this forum that might be able to offer some help, who knows? anyway best of luck!

·
Registered
390 Posts
adeandsam said:
hi allIm after some help with my 54 plate2.9 diesel sedona,we purchased it 6 months ago for £2600and it had 63000 mile on the clock after about 10 days theengine started playing up and we had trouble starting the car andended up having 3 new injectors(which the garage told us only needed replacing)which cost us£1300put in the car and it run fine till last week..now done 66000 miles
we had the car sorted out again at a different garage and they told us the other injectors hadnt been mapped properlyand had the other 1injector replaced at the cost of £590but now we have been told we will need a new timing belt at the cost of about £1000....as it has to be done at 50-60,000 miles ..
A now cheep car £2600has cost £4400do and is eating my cash .. is it really going to cost £1000 for a timing belt .
thanks for lookin and it would be great for your advise

Ade&sam
Hi. Have purchased timing belt kit including all 4 or 5 tensioners and the VAT from BLUE PRINT for £151.
They do not sell to punters but you need a mechanic or Blue Print dealer to order for you.
Blue Print sell the correct size and teeth number.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have been quoted, from 2 places around the £140-150 labour cost for the kit, that and 151 for the kit brings it less than £300, I would shop around, even if I got the kit stright from their usual suppliers (who quoted £250 for the kit) would give me alot of change from £1000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts