Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I own a Kia Rio LX CRDI 2006 what milage should I replace the timing belt at.........Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davy said:
You cant coz it aint got one. Its a chain driven camshaft. So you can take it easy now.
Thanks davy, butjust as I was about to take it easy someone tells me that my car does have a belt!! Is iteasy to recognise if I have a belt or chain?

·
Registered
536 Posts
FAN or CAM. fan...when ever it squeaks to the point your going crazy. CAM..(chain) only ever had cam chains on the rio, will be around every 4 years or 60k miles which is when it's due. There have been reports of people with broken cam followers around 75000miles which is a £300 job, if it doesnt destroy your engine that is, so best not risk leaving it that long. Next cam chain replacement will be due at 90000 miles. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
887 Posts
Camshaft (timing) chains do not have a replacement interval......
If well serviced, 150k mile+ before they start to be an issue.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Was just going of the servise manual. I was told 100k on my passat and it snapped at 68k. And that had a £480 service every 12 months!

·
Registered
887 Posts
The passat had a BELT, these do require changing at set intervals, VW got them wrong!
CHIANS do not have a change interval.

The Rio in question, and indeed your Cee'd have timing chains, so do not require replacing at an interval.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I know taxi guys who have done over 250k miles on Nissan Primeras and still their cam chains had not been replacedand they were not noisy.
VW every 60k miles or 5 years on most models of PD engines.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,121 Posts
My 1976 Triumph Spitfire has a timing chain!................But that's not helpful is it?

Phil

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,121 Posts
M4trundler said:
I bet the chain's original Phil, but you've had to change every other part on it...
Cheeky bugger! The boot lid's original.

Phil

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
OK shezza, if you have the CRDi engine it's a chain not a belt, so you don't have to worry.

For the old 2003 1.3 petrol I think it's around 60,000 miles for the timing belt change.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts