Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this issue on my 2019 4 1.6 T-GDi ISG (174 BHP) 2WD

Just started about 3-4 weeks ago and I first noticed judder in 4th gear at around 30 mph. Gradually got worse and now it judders from start up and feels like it is losing power then suddenly kicks into life.

Local dealer just gone out of business so will be taking to another to get it checked out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this issue on my 2019 4 1.6 T-GDi ISG (174 BHP) 2WD

Just started about 3-4 weeks ago and I first noticed judder in 4th gear at around 30 mph. Gradually got worse and now it judders from start up and feels like it is losing power then suddenly kicks into life.

Local dealer just gone out of business so will be taking to another to get it checked out.
Hi. Any updates from your dealer? Got same engine and also judders usually on 4th gear. Car is a 69reg and just got it 4 weeks ago. Mileage just under 900.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Any updates from your dealer? Got same engine and also judders usually on 4th gear. Car is a 69reg and just got it 4 weeks ago. Mileage just under 900.
In my case the particulate filter warning light eventually came on and I just followed the advice in the handbook to drive it for at least 30 mins at high revs. Not had the issue again so guess all the small journeys I make resulted in a build up of something in the system and it simply needed blasting out. Will update if the issue returns. Service in 2 weeks so will also get it checked out in case a coincidence.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my case the particulate filter warning light eventually came on and I just followed the advice in the handbook to drive it for at least 30 mins at high revs. Not had the issue again so guess all the small journeys I make resulted in a build up of something in the system and it simply needed blasting out. Will update if the issue returns. Service in 2 weeks so will also get it checked out in case a coincidence.
My (diesel) Alfa used to pop the DPF warning light sometimes. Leave it in fourth gear and thrash it up the motorway for a junction or two and all would be well for a while again. Diesels really, really don't like short journeys especially once the DPF gets a bit clogged. They keep trying and failing to regen (as you keep stopping the engine part way through) which then washes oil out the cylinders and dilutes the engine oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Kia is the 1.6 turbo petrol. Drove the car 60miles and back on the motorway last week at 2.5-3k revs and it appears that the throttle hesitation has gone for the meantime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just recently bought a pre reg 2019 GT Line petrol manual.

I got the car with 50 miles on the clock, it now has 900 miles on the clock.

I have had the loss of power when taken off from stationery as well as the judder going between 3rd and 4th gear round about 30mph almost straight from purchase.

My last car was a turbo diesel Honda, I had initially put the loss of power and judder down to me getting used to me driving the petrol as I thought the biting point of the clutch and engine power must have been different to the diesel.

Glad I have found this post as I am going to contact KIa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Snap... Got the hesitation / misfiring going from 3rd to 4th, my dealer says he has two other 1.6 t petrol that has the same, they tell me that Kia is looking into it for them as they do not know what the prob is, only had it 3 weeks and 200 miles...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a chance to drive 3 different 1.6 TGDI petrol manual GT line's all from second half of last year. And all of them had this issue (thats why I googled it and ended up here). Pretty shocking to be honest! Nice cars but I'd never buy one knowing that engine has what seems like an inherent design fault.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts