Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anybody please know the size of wheel nuts etc for Kia Ceed 2020 Gt Line 1.4 . Wanting to change the original wheel nut and locking nut to black but unsure on sizes. Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
707 Posts
It tells you on there..M12 x 1.5 inches..

– Center Bore: 67.1 mm
– Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts
– Torque: 107 - 127 Nm
– Thread Size: M12 x 1.5
– Trim Production: [2018 .. 2020]

·
Registered
687 Posts
It tells you on there..M12 x 1.5 inches..

– Center Bore: 67.1 mm
– Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts
– Torque: 107 - 127 Nm
– Thread Size: M12 x 1.5
– Trim Production: [2018 .. 2020]
Thread size is not M12 x 1.5 inches. There is no such thing. You do not mix metric and imperial in any engineering product spec, that would be madness.

The 1.5 in M12 x 1.5 is the tread pitch i.e. it is 1.5mm, the normal for a bolt of this diameter.

But one thing that no one has mentioned is the seat profile. Some are spherical, some are conical and its critical you get the correct one. The wrong one will potentially damage the wheel, come loose or both.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks yes i noticed the thread sizes on there , but doesnt state anything else as in length etc . was hoping somebody may had changed them , but looks like i will need to remove on and check it out. many thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
Have changed them On my sons Hyundia ix20 but noted that they were longer than original nuts..total length is 35mm from end to end just measuring one [after market from ebay ] ..same ones also fit my venga and would guess that many other cars in the kia range also use the same nuts..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts