Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't find how many have been sold in the UK, but by the end of March this year 7363 Souls of 17 varieties had been licensed and 116 declared off road. In 2010 3485 were licensed and 45 declared off road. Figures courtesy of http://howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/kia_soul

No wonder we don't see many on the roads. Just over 1 week and there will be one more on the roads of Devon and Cornwall. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are becoming very popular here in the US. It's similar to the VW Beetle of the 60's & 70's outbreak in the US. THE auto of the revolution as it was described quite often. I owned about 4 of them over the years and an equal number of vans. My favorites were the Camper Van and the Double Cab truck model.

I wish you could put the back seats along the walls as in the Honda Element but overall it's been

usefull so far. I put a tow hitch on it and can tow my aluminum trailer which is set up for motorcycle

and scooter hauling.

The engine area is quite roomy which will allow me to do most of my own work. Just wish service and parts manuals were as well prepared and distributed like the Honda manuals. I do have the Soul's Service manual which is on cd and .pdf files. Not nearly as well written as the Hondas, though. Useable but not as logical.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Dave, perhaps you could start another thread and do a poll on the ages of Soul owners on the forum, I realise that it wouldn't be accurate countrywide as not everyone is on this forum, but it might give us an idea. I'm 45 and seem to be quite a bit younger than the majority of drivers I see out and about in Kent

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yeah..... but Grannies driving Soul isnt something Kia wanted....... we all need to get a base ball cap and wear it backwards..... or wander round in jeans with our arses hung out!!!....lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ooh Tempest you say the sweetest things! Granny I may be, but I'm still a good 30 years younger than most of the Soul drivers round my way

·
Registered
336 Posts
So it would appear that inwardly we are the type of Soul drivers Kia want, outwardly we just don't appear to be the cool young things we are

Also I'd imagine that a lot of younger would be owners don't have the money for one but I daresay that'll change in a few years when the resale values drop, unless they're my age by then

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
totally agree Fussy. I dont know how the USA lot do it..... but they get the Soul brand new as 17 year olds!!!....some are graduation presents but some arent. The Soul hits all demographic over there. Must be different insurance costs - its very different over here.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Fussychick said:
Ooh Tempest you say the sweetest things! Granny I may be, but I'm still a good 30 years younger than most of the Soul drivers round my way

at least my silver tongue is alive and kicking!!!.....lol....no offence meant.... and your name alone shows you dont consider yourself a granny.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Looking at the new soul especially the specials what sort of customer are they aiming at, some of the interior designs and coloursseemstrange or is it just me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts