Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have never owned a Kia before, but my wife & i saw this car we liked, it turned out to be a KIA SOUL, so we went to look at them at the dealers, looked at a white soul 2, test drive was favourable, the model was a diesle, what should i be asking the dealers on this model, we want the optional arm rest, found it to be spacious and comfortable, the interior i thought was not as plastiky as i thought it would be but the stereo system and air con area made it look classy. i thought the car was a winner for me, they told me there was a back order of 2 months on the soul 2, but they have an 59 plate with demonstrator milage (very very low) ready to go, they can put us in the car by tuesday.

we currently own a laguna that does 29 mpg combined, the kia would do 57 combined, which would make us better off by about 25.00 per weekk so its a winner financially.
i know what kia says about them selves BUT what do you as customers say about kia.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I pinched the bosses Burner for a run to wales, 7 hours with 10 minutes out of the car. Thought it was brilliant, tried to adopt it!

Had a 2 CRDi for 2 nights aswell, that was pritty good, did turn heads, economy was favourable and it beats the hell out of the petrol Cee'd im in at the moment in my opinion on all fronts. Not a chuckable car, you feel the height in the corners, but it had good levels of grip and was ok in the twisties.

On the whole, if I could afford it, I would look for a Tempest or a Shaker myself. As for availablity, if you are looking at white you will wait for ages, but there is good retailer stock of the 2 CRDi in metallic colours, black and Moonlight blue suit it well. Definately worth the extra £395, Glasses guide says you should get £225 of that back when you sell it too.

No reason why you shouldnt go for the demonstrator, they tend to be quite well looked after. Was it the demo you drove?? If it wasnt, go back and have a test drive in it then make your choice. Id be looking for £1k to 1.5 off for demo discount on those.

Nick

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a white Soul 2 CDRi and it's nearly 1 year old and has done nearly 20,000 miles.The mpg gets better as the engine wears in. It keeps improving over the first 5,000 miles or more. Over a tank of fuel (400+ miles) you can average 56 mpg if you drive steady. Or as low as 43mpg if you don't.

The white Soul really does attractattention. I've had many comments about the car and have had manystrangerscome up and ask about it. Never had a car that attracted so muchattention.

Overall, I would rate the Soul as excellent - if it is the diesel. The diesel is really good as it wears in.
I have a car history of much more premium brands, such as Merc, BMW, Volvo, Audi, Saab, BMW Mini etc. More recently I've owned a new Range Rover Sport and new Land Rover Discovery 3. But sadly thefinancialclimate in the last few years means I can't have these luxuries and I've now brought a new Kia Soul. Yet I'm (almost) as happy in the Soul. For £12,500, it is a great styled, safe and reliable car that stands out from the rest.

Buy it, you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can't find any reason I wouldn't tell anybody to go out and buy a Soul. It has put 10 minutes on my journey to the newsagents every morning while I let people look at it! High speed cruising will dent the mpg forecast due to the shape, but I get 48mpg and my engine is still tight. Take a look at the KIA website for used Souls. All the dealers list their stock on here and towards the end of the sales quarter there will be more available as they clear stock to buy new demo cars for the next quarter. My Shaker took 2 weeks to arrive but I was told if it hadn't been in stock to look at 6 weeks. Buy one, you will love it.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i am having paint durability issues with mine......but i still love it to bits. Still makes me smile when i see it parked in a crowded car park and im going back to it. Get lots of questions and no road borne aggression towards it. Good Diesel engine and should improve with age. Not the most economical car or the best to drive......but its great to tootle around in. Very roomy for its size but boot poor in comparison. I keep my cars for years and years...so am currently doubting my cars longterm durability.......but other than that - if you spend some extra on having it protected from new, i would heartily recommend one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Regarding boot size... It accomodates 2 large suitcases and there's still enough room at the sides to get two backpacks in.
And with the back seats down I managed to fit six dining chairs in at the weekend!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the tempest model has the extra raised up boot floor with the moulded compartment underneath.....so unless you remove all this the normal usable boot is small.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've never seen the point of the boot tray. I think the boot is far better without it. Shopping bags sit in there nicely as it is deep.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the boot tray is ok cos you can store wet or damp stuff in there.....all the car cleaning stuff etc. but has anybody ever actually fully removed it and tried to put it back in????.....talk about having the knack!!!!.....it grows when you take it out and is a bu**ger to get back in

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a Soul 2 1.6 petrol and I find it good to drive. The raised driving position gives a good view and you can clearly see where the bonnet ends unlike many new cars. Storage is ok and the car seems to be bedding in with time - it has only done 1500 miles. In White it is quite striking and stands out in a crowded car park. - Enjoy
I have one niggle - no heated mirrors!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
d3matt said:
I've never seen the point of the boot tray. I think the boot is far better without it. Shopping bags sit in there nicely as it is deep.

I find the boot tray useful to hide the clutter away, I have the air compressor, rain jacket, boot liner, torch, and other bits and pieces hidden away, better than it all rattling around loose in the boot.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
No heated mirrors?..... are you sure - i thought they were an unmentioned standard fitment. The heated rear window button should warm the mirrors up too..... give it a go and let us know.

·
Registered
76 Posts
tempest said:
No heated mirrors?..... are you sure - i thought they were an unmentioned standard fitment. The heated rear window button should warm the mirrors up too..... give it a go and let us know.

Not on the original Souls, but I think it may have been added on the 2010MY.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No heated mirrors on MY10 models or I think on MY11 models according to brochure. Only Souls with heated mirrors are the specials. Really inconvenient, wind down the windows to get rid of the dew and then smear the mirrors with your mit

1 - 20 of 49 Posts