Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been a forum member on my old car for two years now... hope that this one is the same lol.

Now, personally I think the ProCeed is a stunning car, and I am trying to decide between the 1.6 CRDI and the 2.0 CRDI. I do like the leather seats and stuff... and insurance is only £100 difference over a year so thats not to bad. Prices seem to be the same for both... so I am on here to kinda get your opinions on the different engines, spec, and if any of you have experienced any problems with the respective models?

So my basic questions for both models are...

Are the engines, gearboxes, and general mechanics reliable?
What is the actual MPG your getting?

I do like the Sport, and as it does not a DPF that should mean less problems ? lol

Look forward to your replies :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I take it your not getting a new one as there isnt a 2ltr in the current line up. I think there isnt much difference bewteen the engines as far as MPG is concered. The 2ltr will no doubt be more toquey. Your right not DPF but the tax is alot more per year so the saving on insurance is voided.Then again if the DPF's turn out to be a cause for concern then its an expencive repair.

At the min I'm averging 40mpg in my Pro-ceed 4 but its only 1200miles old. gear box can be clunky when cold but seamed to have got a good one as mines not to bad. Only big problem i'm having with mine is the waythat it drives to the pavenment no matter how smooth the road surface. seams to be a design problem that doesnt affect all cars.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi , I have a 2011 1.6 CRDI , I like the car , actual mpg is around 55 so not too bad , 30 quid a year tax is a bonus .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys... I think I will be going for the Sport, as they are rare... and I do like torque :)<div style="text-align: center;"><div style="text-align: -webkit-auto; ">
£130 a year is cheaper than my current road tax at £215... so hopefully when I turn 20 my insurance goes down even lower lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a test drive in the 2.0 sport and ended up with the 1.6 113bhp Pro_Ceed 3. (08) plate.
Only thing I miss is the 6 speed box.
Unless you are doing loads of Motorway work 1.6 Pro_ceed 3 does it all for less.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Plus the 1.6 is chain-driven, so no cambelt, no DPF, and from what I've researched but not 100% on, no dual mass flywheel either, I've just got one, coming from a 2.2 Diesel 125bhp Saab 9-3 it seem hardly any slower, but unbelievably smooth and quiet, the best diesel engine I've driven this side of a 330d and I'm not kidding. I havent driven the 2.0 but with those 3 extra things to go wrong I chose not to go for it, and I do like my performance, and I don't feel like I've settled for 2nd best at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts