Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a Sorento can anyone offer me any advise please?

Most people think I am mad ,their main reason of course is the Kia badge & telling me how much money I will lose,plastic trim ect. Anything to put me off.

I will be buying a seconhand car 2006/2007 hopefully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this site. I've seen no one has replied so hope you don't mind me dropping u a line.

All i know about them being an owner myself is that to steel clear of the 03 year and be aware of the 06 onwards due to higher tax bands on certain models. The manual will return a few more miles to the gallon than the autobox but i bought my kia on advice of a kia dealership and they said go auto all the way. They are excellent vehicles and i too like you or your friends was iffy about the badge initially but i tell you once you've owned one you will love it. They extremely versatile, comfortable and great for towing.

Without sounding too pushy my car is for sale shown on this site under the for sale section but i see your looking for 06/07 so u may have to search about. Good luck with whatever you buy. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Cars but like any other car, they have problems and mainly caused by the mechanic at workshops.

Everbody will give you their opinon about the KIA but remember that the same was said about Japanese Cars until they started sprouting out like mushrooms.

The only regret i ever had was taking it for the 60K service where the mechanics replaced the belts, tightened then so hard and broke the crankshaft bolt. Otherwise, I bought mine secondhand with 55K on it and never regretted buying it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Thank you for your reply,its been really helpful.
Yes I keep being told to go for Auto but honestly would prefer manual.

It seems to be the autos from March 06 onwards that are more expensive on tax.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Thanks for the info very helpful.
It is such a worry with some garages.I have had simular problems with my garage.I had the car regularly serviced then I found out at 60,000 miles they had never changed the cambelt but was lucky nothing serious had happened.(not a KIa)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i,
What a great site. Thanks for posting me in the right direction.

I will never get any work done now.I have just spent a few hours on there.Makes me more determined than ever to get one now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my opinion the SORENTO is the best 4x4 ive'd had, as former owner of other 4x4's.... SORENTO is the most reliable and very comfortable to drive. My friends keeps asking me why ive'd part exchange my badge 4x4 to SORENTO. I know they laugh at me with my decision, but now there badge 4x4's is starting to get mechanical problem , they ask me if do i experience there problem... i just smile and think that i'ved made a right decision. If you really want to buy SORENTO test drive first and if you're not happy just walk away and find other... resale value is very good aswell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts