Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need a relatively cheap to buy and maintain, reliable and kid- and dog-friendly car and I've been struggling to find anything better than a 2010–11 Ceed, so I think I'll take the plunge. I've seen some good examples around 90-100k with service history on Autotrader that are within budget. Would you guys, as owners, recommend these cars?

Is there anything I should be looking out for or wary of as far as issues that can arise, or expensive maintenance items?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
975 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I've no experience of that Ceed, but I hate to see your post go unanswered for too long. I haven't read of any major faults, but at 10 years old you'll of course need to look-out for (and make allowance for) things like failing bushes, corroded bits (particularity underneath), splits in gaiters etc, as well as all the normal things you'd do with any newer car. I don't know if there are problems with older KIA diesels as there are with so many other manufacturers.

Hopefully an owner will be along soon. In the meantime, the 'Good/Bad'page here may help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We need a relatively cheap to buy and maintain, reliable and kid- and dog-friendly car and I've been struggling to find anything better than a 2010–11 Ceed, so I think I'll take the plunge. I've seen some good examples around 90-100k with service history on Autotrader that are within budget. Would you guys, as owners, recommend these cars?

Is there anything I should be looking out for or wary of as far as issues that can arise, or expensive maintenance items?
I have had a ceed sports wagon now for the last 6 years and just changed to a new one. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned for the money. Very reliable and economical. Both my cars have been diesel and I have been really pleased with them. I am not aware of anything specific to look out for but it’s the same as buying any used car, just be careful :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had a 2008 Hatch 1.6 Diesel for 7 Years
Was so impressed with the reliability and condition, I had no hesitation selling it on to a Colleague 5 Years ago with 130K on it.

Now over 200K and he has had very few problems with it.
Original Clutch and Turbo (Slight whistle for the last 80K)

Check the Top Inside Edge of the Two Rear Passenger Doors for Rust. A few owners have had Doors replaced.
Mine had slight corrosion when sold 5 Years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking of getting the diesel version
I have had a ceed sports wagon now for the last 6 years and just changed to a new one. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned for the money. Very reliable and economical. Both my cars have been diesel and I have been really pleased with them. I am not aware of anything specific to look out for but it’s the same as buying any used car, just be careful :)
Was yours an automatic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts