Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m thinking of buying a 2017, Venga 3 or possibly 4, but have read some stories about problems with Bluetooth connectivity on some models, due to software incompatibility on either the phone or infotainment centre being out of date, due to the fact that updates are no longer supported?

I have an iPhone 6s and was wondering if anyone can reassure me that I’ll be able to play my music from the phone without the need for a usb stick? If so, can it also be controlled via the infotainment screen and/or the steering wheel controls. Due to lockdown, I’m having to purchase online, so unfortunately can’t check it for myself at the showroom.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2016 Venga 4, it worked perfectly with my Samsung J5, but when I changed it for a Motorola G7 power it wouldn't connect.
After contacting Motorola support, they suggested trying to connect in "Safe Mode". Connected and been ok since.
There is or was a chart on the Kia website which said what phones it would connect to. If yours isn't there do what I did and contact support.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,415 Posts
I think you will find that you will still be able get media/sat nav updates for your car. I've attached the 2019 compatibility chart for the various models for reference. See this posting for current status.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Have bluetooth etc in my Venga but never use it so PASS.. dont even switch the radio on either.. does work I did check.. 😄

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a 66 plate Venga 4 auto 6. I have connected with four different phones, no problem.
The last two with both bluetooth and the phone hotspot for wifi.

Reactions: PeakVenga

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a 66 plate Venga 4 auto 6. I have connected with four different phones, no problem.
The last two with both bluetooth and the phone hotspot for wifi.

I dont have a digital phone/smart phone.. so have no need and like to concentrate on the road when driving.. I personally think there should be a law prohibiting the use of phones handsfree or other wise .. I keep mine switched off when driving..

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies and confirmations, guys. As it happens the particular car I was looking at was snapped up from under my nose, so I’m on the lookout again now...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and confirmations, guys. As it happens the particular car I was looking at was snapped up from under my nose, so I’m on the lookout again now...
Good luck with the search..many more fish in the sea..as the saying goes.. 🤞

·
Registered
391 Posts
PeakVenga - if you haven't tried one previously I recommend you wait and have a proper test drive if personal circumstances allow (ie: you aren't desperate for a car) and when COVID rules permit it. The Venga rides quite hard due to how the suspension is tuned and isn't to everyone's taste in that respect. On a test drive try to find a bumpy road so you satisfy yourself the ride characteristics won't be a problem. If you like the car generally but prefer a softer ride try also looking for Hyundai ix20 which mechanically is the same (cosmetics / dash are a bit different) but tuned differently with regard to ride firmness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PeakVenga - if you haven't tried one previously I recommend you wait and have a proper test drive if personal circumstances allow (ie: you aren't desperate for a car) and when COVID rules permit it. The Venga rides quite hard due to how the suspension is tuned and isn't to everyone's taste in that respect. On a test drive try to find a bumpy road so you satisfy yourself the ride characteristics won't be a problem. If you like the car generally but prefer a softer ride try also looking for Hyundai ix20 which mechanically is the same (cosmetics / dash are a bit different) but tuned differently with regard to ride firmness.
Thank you very much for the ‘heads-up’ 2012vengaman, I’ll do just that! Part of the appeal for me of the Venga was its high driving position and easy access, as I do have LT lower back issues, but a hard ride could well be a problem. I’ll also check out the Rio, as though I appreciate it’s a lower drive position, I understand the ride is more refined.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thank you very much for the ‘heads-up’ 2012vengaman, I’ll do just that! Part of the appeal for me of the Venga was its high driving position and easy access, as I do have LT lower back issues, but a hard ride could well be a problem. I’ll also check out the Rio, as though I appreciate it’s a lower drive position, I understand the ride is more refined.
I have lower back and upper back problems.. 4 damaged discs and nerve damage the list goes on and suggest you try one before you rule it out.. the venga scores higher over the ix20 on the twisties and on cornering in general.. I owned an ix20 and the Venga isnt that bad ..HONEST 1NJUN..

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have lower back and upper back problems.. 4 damaged discs and nerve damage the list goes on and suggest you try one before you rule it out.. the venga scores higher over the ix20 on the twisties and on cornering in general.. I owned an ix20 and the Venga isnt that bad ..HONEST 1NJUN..
I'd agree Phil. The Venga is better handling than the ix20, but presumably to achieve that the trade off is the firmer ride which isn't to everyones taste.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Phil in Wales. Oh dear, sounds like we should compare injuries & ailments...!:) Must admit I think I’d prefer a Venga to an ix20, but as suggested will now wait (impatiently!😁) until the time when the showrooms are open again and I can have a few test drives’...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks Phil in Wales. Oh dear, sounds like we should compare injuries & ailments...!:) Must admit I think I’d prefer a Venga to an ix20, but as suggested will now wait (impatiently!😁) until the time when the showrooms are open again and I can have a few test drives’...
Many are open with covid rules in place my second Venga was delivered yesterday.. when I test drove it I looked like summat out of Casualty or Holy city the dealer had a good laugh but what the hell.. 😄 see my pollen filter thread with added pics..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many are open with covid rules in place my second Venga was delivered yesterday.. when I test drove it I looked like summat out of Casualty or Holy city the dealer had a good laugh but what the hell.. 😄 see my pollen filter thread with added pics..
She looks a beauty:love:, Phil! Really like that Blue too...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yep so am I and was gutted that my Red one would have needed so much money spent on her to bring her up to scratch.. when I first has the red one I was in the boot and found chunks of concrete under the plastic tray.. the body had quite a bit of damage to it some Renault Liverpool paid for via chips away but some they wouldnt pay for.. when you think all they had to do in that respect was to put the car through their body shop before is was delivered to me.. they didnt even have the decency to do that.. to get the paint corrected would have cost me considerably so I bit the bullet and bought the 16 plate one.. considering the condition of the paint on the Red one I was surprise how much I got in part ex..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts