Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div ="msg">
I currently run a Nissan Terrano R3mR 2.7 TD Auto (import) its a bit
long in the tooth being a 1995/6 model so am looking for a replacement.
I do not tow anything it would mainly be used for trips to France and Fishing being a third vehicle in the household.

I had discounted the Kia as the brand means nothing to me but several people have said they are a good used buy.

I would be looking at a 2005/6 model with less than 50 k on the clock any advice on what to avoid and look for ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steering rack leak...Not cheap to fix.Break pipe corrosion. check rust on the body. Make sure the 4x4 is working.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Its like all vehicles, if the sorento has good service history and all fluids changed etc you should have no problem..
The XE, switchable 4 wheel drive does not have transfer box, which has caused some problems on early XS Models.

Steering rack if leeks will set you back a grand...the only rust came on the inner rear door metal guards, which can be repl;aced and should have been changed in warranty. On the XS, The chrome strip above the number plate used to vibrate and cause rust spot where it touched body..this was later changed to smaller piece.

What ever model you buy, check the vin number with Kia Customer Service to see if recalls have been done....BUT its a grand 4x4...

Taff

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah i agree, the sorento is great 4x4....but expensive to fix when something wrong . Cost me nearly 2 grand to fix the steering rack leak last year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts