Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Super Moderator
Pity you didn't retain the ability to switch to a "Classic" view like some websites do (e.g. Ebay) for those who preferred the old format.
Problem with forums is that is not a easy thing to do. Especially if there has been a major change in the database behind the forum. As not all the functionality is available between different databases.

Yes you often can change the skin (colours and limited design) but if that still does not fit the old design, then it is a waste of resource.

Just a heads up to users. as mods we got to see this at the same time as you. Had no input at all on the changes.

As I said other car forums have had the updates before us. As other users have posted.

Registered
Where is your Flash on your avatar Arthur to allow you see back office posts..have you found a way in by the back door..lol

View attachment 5673
I won't lie, I had a poke around while it was open but it was all really boring so left pretty quickly. I do not envy your mod job, you have my respect (and thanks) for the time and effort you all put in to keep the forum on track! 馃憤

Registered
I won't lie, I had a poke around while it was open but it was all really boring so left pretty quickly. I do not envy your mod job, you have my respect (and thanks) for the time and effort you all put in to keep the forum on track! 馃憤
Let me make it clear I am not a mod on here but on another site owned by the same company but a kia venga owner so take my rightful place within the rank and file..I am a super mod on the other side for the want of another term and do have a first hand knowledge of how things will work on here for the guys behind the scenes..they do the job willingly and if like me staying up long hours keeping this place ticking along in sickness and in health..not a job I can tell you for the faint hearted and one that members should understand..without them and Paul your admin this place would soon revert to chaos so I wish them well..
馃檪

Registered
Let me make it clear I am not a mod on here but on another site owned by the same company but a kia venga owner so take my rightful place within the rank and file..I am a super mod on the other side for the want of another term and do have a first hand knowledge of how things will work on here for the guys behind the scenes..they do the job willingly and if like me staying up long hours keeping this place ticking along in sickness and in health..not a job I can tell you for the faint hearted and one that members should understand..without them and Paul your admin this place would soon revert to chaos so I wish them well..
馃檪
My bad, I had it in my head your were one of 'them' 馃榿

Anyone that chooses to be a mod on a forum gets my respect, its a thankless task most of the time.

Registered
I've got to say, I'm reading more of the forum after the refresh. Using the 'NEW' icon brings up such a variety of topics, I can't help but have a look at a few. Today I'm glad I don't have a rear diff to go bang like some of the 4x4 lot 馃槸

Registered
Having finally moved away from IE 11 I find the new style forum perfectly ggod, and a lot faster than it used to be. OK som some of the bells and whistles are a little more difficult to find (for me at least) but some poking around usually turns up something and then you know how to do that for next time.

WRT cookies, I did get this a few times but it now seems to have stopped.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Well guys, this thread has helped me, I may not like the format, but hey things change,

I do however love the forum, most have said some good advice and criticism, but no, well if you don't like it leave, and this is defo a massive positive for me, it shows how friendly this group is, and I'm endeared to look at the forum (nosey and work bored as well lol).

I have taken some of the advice in this thread and it has made looking at the forum easier, so I'm happier than I had been when I first saw it, thanks all.

Administrator
Thanks Arthur.

You're right most of the Staff section stuff 'you may have glanced at' is boring, but its important as it keeps the site both focussed and a safe place to be....as far as friendly, that's all down to you guys....Thank you 馃憤

Registered
Problem with forums is that is not a easy thing to do. Especially if there has been a major change in the database behind the forum. As not all the functionality is available between different databases.

Yes you often can change the skin (colours and limited design) but if that still does not fit the old design, then it is a waste of resource.

Just a heads up to users. as mods we got to see this at the same time as you. Had no input at all on the changes.

As I said other car forums have had the updates before us. As other users have posted.

I'm a leaver, improvement? Not. Still intend driving the Nero 2. Forum no.

Registered
Since the change the forum now looks like a mobile device which I hate,

you cant see what category has a new post without opening up every category, to time consuming and frankly a ball ache tbh, therefore if i cant see at a glance i cant be bothered to search.

Bring back desktop view or i envisage lots more will feel as I do
Agree, it's all unnecessary faff! BFN Lot's More.

Super Moderator
If you click on the NEW top right it lists the new posts ans which section they are in.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts