Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the change the forum now looks like a mobile device which I hate,

you cant see what category has a new post without opening up every category, to time consuming and frankly a ball ache tbh, therefore if i cant see at a glance i cant be bothered to search.

Bring back desktop view or i envisage lots more will feel as I do

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am with you. I don't like this new format and I am not just being 'traditionalist' or stuck in my ways.
I used to see 'jokes' and go to the last one submitted etc, but like you I have to open things up and I can't be arsed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just click on the NEW option and it gives you the posts since you last visited the site.

I do agree this is a massive change over the last one, and is taking some getting used too.
It's even easier to find new content now! Excluding back office moderator functions I don't see the issue other than it looks different. One click from landing page to get to section list, from there it's the same. So the same as before then. One click for newest content, didn't use that before but it's handy.
Having seen countless updates on forums, there's always a % not willing to adapt.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's even easier to find new content now! Excluding back office moderator functions I don't see the issue other than it looks different. One click from landing page to get to section list, from there it's the same. So the same as before then. One click for newest content, didn't use that before but it's handy.
Having seen countless updates on forums, there's always a % not willing to adapt.
Where is your Flash on your avatar Arthur to allow you see back office posts..have you found a way in by the back door..lol

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just click on the NEW option and it gives you the posts since you last visited the site.

I do agree this is a massive change over the last one, and is taking some getting used too.
Yep I found the new forum a little strange to start and did consider ditching my input but after a few days of persevering I actually like it more than the old version TBH, everything is easier....except.... ..

only criticism is when I initially open up the page i have to accept or decline a list of cookies required to make the forum function only to find there is a section i cannot decline, that being tracking cookies for a Ford Focus and a Volkswagen forum..what have either of these groups got to do with KIA god only knows, no idea why they are there

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't agree sorry. I'm only interested in the Optima and Sportage sub forums - when I go into those, how do I go to last unread post? I can either go to the first or last, which in a long running thread can be a pain in the arse

·
Registered
934 Posts
Don't agree sorry. I'm only interested in the Optima and Sportage sub forums - when I go into those, how do I go to last unread post? I can either go to the first or last, which in a long running thread can be a pain in the arse

if you see the top of the relevant forum page there is 2 boxes, one is "Filters" the other is "Mark All Read", just click the "Mark All Read" box when you have read the posts and next time you select that particular page it will scroll to teh next unread message, then you can also do the same on the sub forums page, for example I only look at the Sportage2016 forum bot the other sub forums have posts waiting to be read, just click "Mark All Read" button and that will mark them as read and if you were to click that forum page that also would go to your last read message..hope this makes sense..

perseverance is the word of the week!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Not a case of "not willing to adapt" simply a matter of moving from something which was attractive and easy to use to something which we now consider a mess, but I guess that's progress for some people.

·
Administrator
7,340 Posts
I recall you hated the last update six months ago Lance saying it was a step back and you weren't going to bother with it.... Now you say it was attractive and easy to use.

Let's hope this version gets equally attractive and easy to use.

Paul
Not a case of "not willing to adapt" simply a matter of moving from something which was attractive and easy to use to something which we now consider a mess, but I guess that's progress for some people.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Pity you didn't retain the ability to switch to a "Classic" view like some websites do (e.g. Ebay) for those who preferred the old format.

All for progress and modernisation, but have to say, do not like this new look. Can't quite put my finger on why not so not able to offer constructive comments other than to suggest the "Classic" view option would be preferable for some including myself.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I recall you hated the last update six months ago Lance saying it was a step back and you weren't going to bother with it.... Now you say it was attractive and easy to use.

Let's hope this version gets equally attractive and easy to use.

Paul
The previous "update" was more of a tweet, the current one is a complete mess and not attractive. It won't stop me logging in. Odd isn't that so many people say the same, and there are the silent ones who will make no comment or just drift away. It will be interesting to see if the figure for people logging on rocket skywards or diminish. A case of "it's not broken, let's fix it". I used to be like that with cars. "I think I'll take the head off this weekend and do the valves and replace the valve stem rubbers etc" "I'll drop the sump and change all the bearing shells"

·
Registered
188 Posts
Odd isn't that so many people say the same, and there are the silent ones who will make no comment or just drift away. It will be interesting to see if the figure for people logging on rocket skywards or diminish. A case of "it's not broken, let's fix it". I used to be like that with cars. "I think I'll take the head off this weekend and do the valves and replace the valve stem rubbers etc" "I'll drop the sump and change all the bearing shells"
And drift away they will my galant night because they won't complain and afraid to ruffle a few feathers to put things right..you will slowly gain some members if that hasn't already happened already because its now linked to face book..the problem with this I personally found is many have never been on a car forum and just plonk a post anywhere except in the correct place..have personally experienced a member coming on to a forum and finding old posts on any section that might carry the same problem and spamming each section with the same post which will make a great deal of work for the mods..took me 2 hours the other day to sort such a problem where I had to delete and place valid questions in the right sections because they did not know where they had to put it..as a member here who will voice his opinion I will say it will sort the chaff from the wheat and the ones who dont like will drift away by and large with maybe the occasional log in and hiya guys..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts