Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the hybrid tv add that's on at the moment I have noticed that there are colour icons on the entertainment screen.
Whats with that then....unless it is on the mirroring iPhone/android option.
Im sure there is a KIA icon on the bottom in grey.
Also what are the small icons down the right side of the screen on the lower photo.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Is your car not equipped with such a screen?

It resembles what appears on my infotainment screen and there are two pages, the latter viewed by a two-fingered gesture, dragging the screen from right to left. That shows me the main screen icons from my phone via Apple CarPlay. I should think Android Auto users have pretty much the same thing.

The vertical column of icons to the right hand side allows easy access to the major apps from any app filling the screen such as Amazon music, Spotify or Whatsapp or the map for example.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your car not equipped with such a screen?

It resembles what appears on my infotainment screen and there are two pages, the latter viewed by a two-fingered gesture, dragging the screen from right to left. That shows me the main screen icons from my phone via Apple CarPlay. I should think Android Auto users have pretty much the same thing.

The vertical column of icons to the right hand side allows easy access to the major apps from any app filling the screen such as Amazon music, Spotify or Whatsapp or the map for example.
You are using Apple CarPlay etc to do that.
I don't own a phone.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I don't own a phone.
If you can manage day-to-day life without what is possible via a cellphone connection, then you are saving a little money - not much, but if you are happy with life sans personal telephone, then congratulations to you.

I rarely use mine but with family in Spain, Denmark, Scotland and northern England, they can always reach me, even if it's only to ponce some money!😖

1 - 4 of 4 Posts