Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the correct grade of oil nowadays is so complicated there are so many different types. I like to do an interim oil and filter change myself in between services. According to the Kia list of recommended oil grades my 2017 1.7crdi should have 5w30 c2/c3. Does that mean either C2 or C3. I usually use Castrol Magnatec 5w30 c3 stop start but putting the vehicle details into Halfords website it says 'not suitable'.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I like to do an interim oil and filter change myself in between services.
Well, it isn't difficult to find an oil and filter compatible with KIA's spec for your model so a few minutes research will inform you of the correct choice.

I'm bound to say, though, that you're wasting your money in this day and age. I remember doing interim oil changes back in the 1950s and 60s but the precision engineering today of engine components plus the enormous improvement in oils and filtration components all put together, mean that the 'belt & braces'.....'just to be on the safe side' mentality that may perhaps direct your choice are not required; not in the slightest!

It is, of course, your money and you can spend it any way you choose.

·
Registered
433 Posts
. According to the Kia list of recommended oil grades my 2017 1.7crdi should have 5w30 c2/c3. Does that mean either C2 or C3. I usually use Castrol Magnatec 5w30 c3 stop start but putting the vehicle details into Halfords website it says 'not suitable'.
Eurocarparts say Castrol Magnatec is suitable

As do Opie oils who are pretty trusted. (I had to take a stab at what engine power you have)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts