Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We gave you in-depth review on the all new Kia Optima yesterday.
And today just like we always do, we also wanted to show you the Optima when it is dark, POV Night Drive.
So, we can show you exterior, interior and how it drives at night. So, let’s get started.
#KiaOptima #KiaK5 #Optimaturbo

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
exterior, interior and how it drives at night.
As I stated on watching the previous video, I really hope KIA builds a Sportswagon version and ships this new Optima range to the UK. If Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo and Peugeot can still make a profit selling big estate cars, I see no reason why this Optima can't pinch some sales in that sector. So long as the price is right, it's up there with the best - probably ahead of the rest when it comes to reliability.

The only obstacle I can see in the UK is the ingrained badge snobbery that exists in British society but Skoda managed to overcome that longstanding blight so I see no reason why the Koreans shouldn't tackle the large estate car market, hitherto the province of mainly German and Swedish manufacturers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This Optima range is a class act! As Indalo says, Skoda have overcome the badge snobbery obstacle and it just needs a slightly different focus on Kia marketing efforts, and the Optima, especially the SW, could do much better in this sector.

The concentration on the SUV market is in my view short sighted as there are just so many advantages to estate models which are overlooked by many members of the car buying public.

Having recently viewed a very informative independent review on YouTube of the all electric Kia Niro, it is clear that there is still a very long way to go before this technology has a decent charging point infrastructure to support it, and in the meantime, there is still a long way to go for diesel and petrol power.So please Kia, do not deprive the UK market of models like this really impressive new 2020 Optima !! Post Brexit might be a golden opportunity to see off some of your European competitors in the UK;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's like they've taken all the progress the brand has made in the last decade and just... given up. I desperately need Kia (or even Hyundai) to offer a large family car of some sort or I'm done with the brand.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
How rust resistant are they? I have a 2006 Sorento and while it's a lovely car it rusts badly in comparison to other makes.
Who knows? I'm sorry to hear that you have a KIA model that 'rusts badly' but I'm not aware that the KIA marque is blighted by rust problems.

Were that the case, I'm sure I would have read about it in these pages as those who have problems tend to vent their disappointment/anger here, usually proclaiming that their former Audi/BMW/Mercedes were all much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts