Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
LMAO

On a more serious note, KIA really should do a recall for the horn which is at the end of the day a safety device.

If its not functioneing effectively, its not serving its purpose and potentially endangering lifes.

Something to think about KIA.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't profess to be mechanically minded but I'm thinking on changing the horn if its that cheap thanks Davy.

I've looked at a few threads on replacement. Its probably going to invalidate my warranty though somehow isn't it?

Seems to be a few Scottish owners on here so if I get stuck I might come calling.
Edited by: HGF69

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I would think it would invalidate the horn side of the warranty. So no big deal.
I did not need to upgrade the fuse or the relay as the standard fuse and relay can cope with the amperage of these horns.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I had to cut off the original connector plug and add cable to wire up the 2 horns. I used piggy back terminals to jump from one horn to the other. Its a very easy upgrade to do and well worth it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
For those who wish to voice their opinion please fill out the form here:

http://www.kia.co.uk/About-Kia/Contact-Us.aspx
http://www.kia.co.uk/About-Kia/Contact-Us.aspx

Maybe then they'll do something about it if enough people complain. Its
a family car and I'd hate a family to come off badly because they
couldn't be heard from behind the wheel.

Their Customer Service team seem oblivious to this so maybe we can get some people contacting them from here.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Please let us know ho you get on with fitting and how it sounds. Video or pics would be great.

Does this come with a relay to connect? Thats the bit I'm unsure of.

Edited by: HGF69

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HGF69 said:
Please let us know ho you get on with fitting and how it sounds. Video or pics would be great.

As this is a single horn I am assuming it will be a straight swap out. That's why I picked that particular one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hope you assume right. I'm worried there will be wiring but I'll see how you get on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HGF69 said:

Larkspeed called to say they had none in stock and it would be a month
. Cancelled order for now. Think I might go for these.

12V Car Horns

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anyone who has done this - how do you avoid losing the two hidden screws into the gubbins? And is it reasonably easy to get them back in? All the others come out easily - and go back!

·
Registered
69 Posts
A magnetic screwdriver, perhaps a bit of chewing gum stuck on the end. A steady hand and a little bit of patience.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts