Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

New to the site and went to take a sneak peek at the new Rio at a local branch.

Looks very nice and obviously the 88mpg version is a great tempt especially as I travel daily from Glasgow to Livingston for work.

However whilst down I saw a 59 plate Pro'ceed 3 1.6 crdi in my favourite colour, White.

Think it's done around 14-15k and it's costs £9.5k.

Looked really really nice, sporty looking but having read up on it still get's around 63mpg combined, compared to my current car (Fiat Bravo 57) of 44mpg.

Just wondering if anyone thinks that is a decent deal, how much room have I got to haggle with and any real tips on the car.

Cheers in advance.

FD

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi and welcome, the Pro is a stunner and if I had to trade in my black-un I'd opt for the White.
I'm currently on 51.3 mpg with a mix if very conservative driving but do slot of country routes with many gear changes and do put my foot down once in a while as it's a great little engine.
With all the remaining warranty and little milage that seems like quite a good deal - depending on the garage they can be a bugger to budge for extras - carmats - fuel etc
I too love the look of the new Rio but the Pro is a real head turner.
Hope you make the right decision and maybe see you in the Pro Ceed section soon.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sorry I forgot to mention - Pro 3 1.6Crdi 115hp (well 113 but that sounds crappy lol)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks for that, I do 70 miles a day to work on the motorway so hope I would get a decent return as 51 mpg would be no use to me really.

Although have run into a little problem with settling up with my old car, so will need to see about that. :(

FD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still haggling with Phoenix on the price.

In the light noticed the alloys are a bit scuffed and a little lever type thing on the seat (not sure if it's actually just for design) is missing, they did say they'll get the wheels refurbed and the missing piece.

The finance is hitting 10.5% at the mo, which I can get lower on a personal loan, not sure about that route though, have asked what the PCP would be like, they have offered me the 10.5 on the HP.

They've offered me 3.3k for my Fiat Bravo (57 reg, 64k), although having checked some online stuff it says in a trade I could get around another £400, although my alloys are marked as well.

I'm wondering whether to try and get a bit more for my car, and some more off the actual car itself, I have saw a similar car online (not local) in black (okay, but I prefer white) that is the same figure but has done nearly 6k less in miles.

The car seems to have been one of the sales guys wife's, I kinda believe that as I went on two occassions and the first guy I seen said it was his wife's, then I went another day he was not working that day I never let on was there before and some young rep guy happened to mention it to me picking out the same guy, so might be genuine.

Just wondering if I can manage to cut some more dough off. Anyone able to offer good advice to a terrible haggler?

FD

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just for comparison, Peterborough KIA had a 58 plate proceed 3 with 28k miles in metallic grey for £8495 Looked mint. And from what the dealer was saying they move cars up and down the country. Might be worth a look on the net? They had the very car I was buying on display but were sending it out to Wales for another dealer so I don't think distance is a problem..

P.s argue like made for AT LEAST 9.5% I've been to three dealers in my area Grimsby 10.5%....Swineshead 10%But Peterborough settled for 9% after a bit of hard bargaining. Actually ask them why other dealers are offering better interest rates? Listen to there reasoning and act accordingly. ask for a quote for the repairs to the wheels and to repair the lever ( lumbar adjuster?) with a view to buying and having them put it right... They will give you a silly high price and then say "ok put it right at your cost and I'll have it" then when they say sorry can't do that as part of the deal reply with " well take off the £x amount you say it'll need to get fixed of the list price and I'll have it"

if they bite and knock the money off, go get the wheels and parts off eBay or somewhere cheaper and put the money you saved in your pocket.

Another technique I use is to look at similar cars on there forecourt and work out the price in accordance to there mileage. Try and equate so when they say "it's a good price for the age/milage" you counter with "yeah maybe but the other car you have over there has only 2k miles more but is X amount cheaper so why's this one so much more expensive?"

The best way to haggle is to put the sakes man in a position where he doesn't have every fact to hand or in his head. That way they may assumptions and then you pick away the bad things he's offered and take all the best bits and talour your own deal and get a quick...."deal?" while his palms are sweating.

my first car was up for £2k and got it for £1850 buy taking a test drive, looking in the service book in a lay-by and ringing the previous owner from the service invoices (1owner from new) and asking how much he was offered for trade in. 2nd car was £19995 from 22k because of a salesman that had to his sales targets (Mate used to work at the dealership as a spanner man and told me they get performance reviews on the 1st Monday of the month) so went in on the Sunday before and pushed like craze for extras, got the extras then as it came to putting it on paper I asked for the savings instead.
And the car I brought today (KIA proceed 4) was just a matter of walking in the door, saying I want that one with a pointed finger and saying "I've got 45mins then I've got pick my daughter up from school, if it ain't a great deal I'm gone....please don't waste my time.

I'm not a harsh person by nature but having spend 6 years in retail "pushy" sales as I call it, I know what used to intimidate me. Thank god I got out of that game years ago!Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 7 of 7 Posts