Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Soulists,just got back from Cornwall after a nice break, its around about a 500m trip from here in Gloucestershire filled her up before we left ,50 quid, and it did near as damb it 400m to the tank. Now my maths is lousy but i reckon its just over 40 to the gallon, I drove down at a steady pace and used half a tank,250m,but thats motorway and dual carrageway, around Cornwall its all up and down and around if you know what i mean. Anyway its a Tempest 1.6 diesel auto and its now on around 3000m so not yet loose. Oh yeah found that o/d button at last,shudda gone to specsavers. Cheers all Colin

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Colin. I have a Tempest manual which has now around 4k on it since we bought the car in March ,love the car and MPG has been around 37mpg when I have really pushed it and I mean pushed but on normal mixed driving I am getting a steady 49-51 mpg. I think that if I start to take it a bit easier with it I should be able to get around mid 50 out of it.It should have had a 6th gear on the manual,it's a long time since I drove anything with an overdrive on it but I suspect that like the manual at around 75-80 it's doing about 2.5-2.9k revs so that extra gear would have been great.Does your car reach a stop on the accelaratorat the bottom of the travel then go over the stop to give an extra boost.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright there Dave. the auto,s always seem to use a bit more, as for the accelarator i hav,nt noticed it but the misses might[she of the lead foot].Anyroad happy motoring. Colin

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Colin. been looking on the other posts and Tempest seems to be having loads of problems with thepaint on his soul which I assume is a Tempest model. My Tempest CRDI was registed 2nd of March and has 4.5k miles on it now giving me about on average 45-48mpg and I have gone over the paintwork with a fine tooth comb and as yet I cannot find one stone chip.I have a problem with the gear change when its cold mainly 1-2-3 but it is ok when the gear box warms up.My wife drives it the most and I have to use my 2 seater,she has a lead foot as well but will not own up to it,my daughter said when I lent her my Tom Tom she asked me what the noise wasall thetime,it was the warning that the speed limit was passed.Still love the car though and I would reccomend it to anyone,I have had company cars for years and most of them have been high end cars ,this Soul is almost as good as anything I have on build quality.I had a BMW which was a real bag of rubbish and abig Ford that does not bear thinking about.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi Dave R and Colin,

Just to add to your comments......all the damage to my vehicle was done in the 3 to 4 weeks of snow we had immediately i got the vehicle in late december 09, (whilst driving at low speed and carefully running it in!). Now the roads are clean (and i have fitted extra large mud flaps and side bars) the side chipping isnt an issue......but will probably return in the winter for the rest of you when the road gritting starts again. I dont have any bonnet chipping issues cos i leave a massive gap to the car in front. My complaint is that the paintwork should have stood up to this much better.

And despite this - i think the car is fab.

Gary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright there chaps. I got mine on motobillity so its going back after three years so basically its a hire car,a very nice one mind you,love it. Its a 1.6 diesel automatic so no problems with gears, as for paint only problem I have is keeping the kids from scratching it, and failing . Also gotta stay away from curbs they can really take the black off me wheels, I can see why they changed them to silver. Anyway you all be carefull out there.

Colin

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi Colin,

Can you explain what you mean about changing the wheels back to silver?....are you talking about the whole wheel or just the rim?. I have seen pics on the net with the black wheels having silver rims and assumed it was just bad retouching.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the black alloys but was told that the new uk tempest would after March have the silver alloys, when ours was delivered it had silver alloys,but I wanted the black,so they took the ones off the showroom model and put them on mine, good eh!. I see what you mean by looking at the pic.s but the rim on mine is black,strange.Gona have to look at mine again when the misses gets back.

Colin

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Honestly its the black wheels that really make the car stand out!!.....well done for getting the swap done......maybe makes our early tempests that bit more special. Was chatting to a bloke who is waiting for his tempest and was hoping for the black wheels with silver edging.....he is in for a shock if you are right - his car comes next week.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, my Tempest which I had March has black wheels with black rims, don't fancy silver wheels or rims.It is the black wheels with the black rims that make it stand out,was the silver alloys 18" like the black with low profile tyres.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts