Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where abouts should the temp guage run under normal conditions?mine is always just above a quarter.

2055 2.9 CRDi SEi

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do these cars have a history of thermostat faults? or sender/guage?Im sure mine should read higher

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a MK 3 Carens and my gauge sits just under half way.My scangauge shows normal running temp to be 85/87 degrees but in traffic it can get up to 93/94 BUT the gauge does not show any difference.
They are relatively crude instruments and having done nearly 50,000 miles I would be worried if my gauge started rising above the middle.
My sons BMW also shows just about mid way after a long run so it seems to be fairly common with modern vehicles.

Don't worry about it!
M623D - yours seems a bit low, maybe the thermostat is stuck open?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, I was thinking that, fuel consumption seems a little high too.any way of checking it without removing it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can't think of any easy way, but maybe Viking Paul or murphwiz will have some ideas.

I have a scangauge that plugs into the OBD connector and reads all the parameters but without it I'd likely have to take it to the dealer to check it out.

Sorry I can't be of more help!I'm sure someone moreknowledgeablewill give you some ideas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts