Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been aware that the temperature gauge on my car (Sportage KX 2 2.0 CRDi AWD) seems to be slow getting off the bottom recently.It's not been particulary cold up here over the last week, but I've been completeing my seven mile, 4 roundabout, 4 sets of lights, 10-15 minute,commute with the needle just starting to register.
Up until now , I'm pretty sure it's been up at or near the 90 degree mark when I've arrived at work.
Before I stick it into the dealer for a thermostat check, what are others experiencing?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would say thats about the same as my 2.0l diesel FE, its always slow to warm up in the winter, I find it warms a bit quicker with the heater turned off i just have the heated seats on till it up to temp, i have cosidered a sump heater for the winter but not got around to it yet, and spiderman was doing the same but i dont know if he has fitted one yet , he had a new thermostat fitted but i dont think it made much difference.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, kiaman, I'll monitor it for a bit longer then, rather than have the dealer haul it apart for nothing.
Cheers.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Igot best part of 9 miles down the road (probably 20mins of driving) until mine got fully up to temptwo nights agoand everytime i pulled up at traffic lights for a few mins the temp looked like it was actually dropping but then it was -15.6c. On my way home lastnight...a toastie -1.9c it was warm within a couple of miles of easy driving. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Had the same, -19ºC & 6 miles later the needle had not left the stop.

I have since covered the front grill and it does warm up quicker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts