Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody successfully used Tasker app to connect to the Sportage Radio/CD player bluetooth automatically? I'm constantly having to delete and re-pair for it to work and have read that Tasker may help.

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure how I did it but have managed (after a few trials and errors) to get Tasker working (alongside Tasker Autotools-also downloaded from Play Store) and, as yet, my bluetooth has connected/paired every time that I have started the car (after about 15-20 seconds). I just leave bluetooth switched on my phone permanently now.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
I must admit I was a bit puzzled by your 'I will just leave the Bluetooth on', I leave the Bluetooth on all the time on my phone. Other than a bit of battery saving, have you some reason for switching it off?

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must admit I was a bit puzzled by your 'I will just leave the Bluetooth on', I leave the Bluetooth on all the time on my phone. Other than a bit of battery saving, have you some reason for switching it off?
I'm a technophobe where phones are concerned! I'm OK with spanners and screwdrivers1 :)

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the radio has bluetooth then it should connect automatically one it has been paired. Or at least that is how all mine have worked.
It should but it hasn't. I read somewhere that if it hasn't connected within a certain time, it just doesn't work. The tasker/auto app keep it trying for longer, until it pairs.

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
If it is having a problem connecting, then best bet is to delete phone from head unit & head unit from phone. Then let phone connect to head unit.
I guess turning bluetooth off on phone is not going to help, as it may affect connections.

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If it is having a problem connecting, then best bet is to delete phone from head unit & head unit from phone. Then let phone connect to head unit.
I guess turning bluetooth off on phone is not going to help, as it may affect connections.
I had done all your suggestions, tried keeping bluetooth on, tried switching it off but it often would not pair and give the failed message. Since using the Tasker and Auto app, it has worked every time. Total cost was around £4, so nothing lost if it failed again really. It seems that the Tasker app can be used for lots of automating using a phone.
Edit and update:- Another week on and the pairing has worked every time. For info, I have two tasks set. One task is to turn my phone bluetooth on all the time and the second task is to pair to the Sportage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts