Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm new to the forum and would like someone who could help me please, I'm a proud owner of a 2005 (55 plate) Sorento XS Auto, the car is excellent condition and as only 43k on the clock, every service has been done by Kia, however its developed a noise from the engine, I've took it back to Kia and they said its a hydraulic tappet noise and wont do any harm to the engine, but the noise is annoying worse when the car starts up from cold,it does get a little quiter as the engine gets warmer but the noise is still there, i've change the oil and put in new filters in, but the noise is very frustrating.Is there anyone who has had this problem or can help me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi,
You could try a hydraulic tappet treatment from Halfords which i have used in the pass and does seem to work or the other option is to have the faulty tappet replaced which any local garage can do as it will be much cheaper than a main dealer.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It will do damage with time as the clearance is too big between valve stem and rocker. Its has a small hammering effect on the parts.I wouldn't wait too long to get the Hydraulic tappet or lash adjuster as it is some times called replaced.

What engine is in yours Nitecrusader ?

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi davy, thanx for reply, mine is a 2.5 138 bhp, I will take it down to my local garage and get it fixed I thought it could not be right, That's the last time I take it to the dealers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts