Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just picked up my (new to me) 2015 Facelift ProCee'd GT, and after my initial good impression on the test drive, i have noticed the throttle response is a bit lacking (coming from a N/A Civic Type S, and having previously owned a Scirocco 2.0 TSI)

One of my old mates who also has a ProCee'd GT swears by his "pedal box" for improving throlttle response, and doing some Googling there seems to only be good reviews, just thought i'd sound it out on here

Are they really as good as the reviews, and are some any better than others

Recommendations for which one to go for?

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not bothered with a remap or additional power, 200bhp is more than enough for me (I use my Triumph Street Triple if I want to get anywhere quickly, lol), I just want more responsiveness on the loud pedal

·
Registered
67 Plate ProCeed GT - Red
42 Posts
I'm not bothered with a remap or additional power, 200bhp is more than enough for me (I use my Triumph Street Triple if I want to get anywhere quickly, lol), I just want more responsiveness on the loud pedal
I think this is similar to the "sport" switch we had on our Astra K 1.4 SRi. Switch that on at the lights and all hell broke out. Too responsive. Our current Astra K is a 1.6T Elite and doesn't have it. We don't miss it.

As for the Kia, I added the BSR Optiflow Filter System which made the car more responsive (£139). The turbo can still be a bit laggy below 4000 revs though and you may not like the whoosh, but I'd recommend it. Looks good too.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think this is similar to the "sport" switch we had on our Astra K 1.4 SRi. Switch that on at the lights and all hell broke out. Too responsive. Our current Astra K is a 1.6T Elite and doesn't have it. We don't miss it.

As for the Kia, I added the BSR Optiflow Filter System which made the car more responsive (£139). The turbo can still be a bit laggy below 4000 revs though and you may not like the whoosh, but I'd recommend it. Looks good too.
I think the pedal boxes are a bit more sophisticated, you get 4 modes, and each mode can be tweaked forther still, giving around 16 or so different levels of sensitivity

I'll just have to see if my mate will let me take his for a spin around the block to see how it feels

That intake does look nice to be fair, i bet it sounds nice too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.