Well I've taken the plunge

Gone for the facelifted Rio 1 CRDi on the scrappage

I just wanted the basic car really

Hope I've done the right thing

Craig

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I think you will be very happy with it Craig. I've had mine 10months now its an 06 Rio with 24,000 miles and its still fun to drive. The only problem I have had was a water sensor on diesel filter.
All the best with it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Craig

I think you will be pleased.
I have had mine for nearly a year now (coming up to 20,000 miles) and apart from a minor niggle (which was fixed under warranty), everything is fine.

Still puts a grin on my face when I put my foot down.

The only other diesel supermini with more BHP is the 1.7l Corsa and that engine is not as free revving as the CRDI engine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You should love it, its not a bad car at all. I would recommend getting Remote Central Locking fitted to it. Having just had to load an Eb bass into a picanto with no central locking i know it can be a bugger when your hands are full!!

RCL should only cost about 200 and your retailer can fit it before you collect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Craig - I too have taken the plundge but I had the Rio2 1.4/ Striker (Petrol).

My bubble was burst a little yesterday whilst reading a few comments, but all happy at the moment. Anyone else got a Striker?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi folks welcome.
You can best report on what you find with you new purchase, and not hear say on this forum to give a true report.

You may see reports about bad fuel returns and handling in the conditions we have been experiencing laterly, but its not normal for us over the last year to experience these conditions.

Many younger drivers have not seen what Winter was to us old uns.

When the good weather comes it will be over heating and air con not very good!

Bob.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for all your advise

I took order of the Rio 1, but realised it was a mistake so upgraded to the Strike - advice I should I listened to on here - so thank you

I've had the Strike 1 month today and have nothing but praise for the car and Ward Green Garage in Barnsley

It's a real joy and the facelift makes the car

I'm really really pleased with it - hope everyone else is as pleased with there Rio

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Craig I hope you have a trouble free time with the Rio. I have a Rio diesel Zapp and I am very happy with it. Great wee car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts