Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a Cee`d 3 1.6crdi 2011, 2700 miles,I really like the car,the fuel consumtion is a bit of a concern butI hope that will improve with a few more miles under its belt, my problem is the tailgate is rubbing on the rear bumper and is wearingthe paint away, has any one else had this problem, it hasn`t had a shunt I`ve been in touch with the dealer, I am just waiting for the approved body shop to get back to me, it seems to be taking an age. Charlie

·
Registered
887 Posts
Did happen to have sensors fitted?Bumper has 2 large clips along the top edge, very easy not to reclip bumper in quite the right place, even though it's secure it sits a bit to high and tailgate touches it, takes about 15 mins to realign the bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No sensors fitted, we got the car brand new, the body shop have see the car and quoted Kia for the repair but Kia say its too expensive, the body shop have to resubmit another quote, seems to be taking an age, in the mean time the damage is getting worse, if they had dealt with it right away the damage might have polished out now it looks like a tailgate and bumper respray, thanks for your reply. Charlie

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar issue with the boot door touching the light clusters when the door was closed. Simple to fix by winding the adjuste out slightly.

My father has the same problem as you and Kia re-hung the door.

Kia have designed a car with very tight shut lines, however the factory does not always get the fitting spot on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts