Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is the outer bodywork area of the tailgate, (2018 Sportage GT Line), where the number plate fits plastic or metal?

It seems to be plastic with a metal panel behind it, I just need to check before I fit new plates.

T.I.A.(y)

·
Super Moderator
3,672 Posts
It's a combination of both. Rear door bottom panel, up to the handle/number plate light, is plastic, above that is metal. There should be locator holes where the number plate attaches to.

Reactions: Smokeysmoo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a combination of both. Rear door bottom panel, up to the handle/number plate light, is plastic, above that is metal. There should be locator holes where the number plate attaches to.
Cheers for that. Long story short I need to temporarily fit some plates, but I can't use the existing holes and didn't want to drill new ones into a metal panel, but if it's plastic I don't mind too much.

You can see it's had a couple of sets of holes drilled in already so I'm guessing it should be fine?
Automotive tire Road surface Rectangle Grey Asphalt

·
Registered
833 Posts
Blimey - it has more holes than our 2008 Sportage :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Smokeysmoo

·
Registered
154 Posts
buy some double sided sticky tape specially made for no plate . Get them from halfords or other motor factors.
Put dabs of silicon over the holes so water doesn't go into the boot. Wipe the area with spirit cleaner so the tape sticks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.