Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car (E-Niro 4+) May 2021. I have never had a courtesy call from my dealer or any contact whatsoever since I drove off the forcourt. The car is now due its first service after 4300 miles so I asked them if they would update the sat nav software. They said they would and would charge me 拢40. So I decided to do it myself using Kia Navigation Updater software. It took over an hour to download 25GB file at 7.5MB/sec. Then transfer it to a USB Memory Stick (another 45mins). Then to the car and hit the update button. 35mins later the software was updated. Maybe 拢40 is reasonable but there was no way I was paying it. Apparently they used to do it for free but now saw another opportunity to make more money from customers.:mad: but now I'm a happy bunny馃榿.

Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
Apparently they used to do it for free but now saw another opportunity to make more money from customers.:mad: but now I'm a happy bunny馃榿.
Technically there was always a Kia reccomended charge, it used to be 拢25 but some dealers would wave that. Kia then upped the reccomended charge to 拢40. Its up to the dealer what they charge, some are reported as still doing it for free when associated wifh a service.

Reactions: Caravanner and iooi

Super Moderator
Where is this Kia Navigation Updater software available from and where are the source files for updating please?
Hi & Welcome.
As many other posts.

Follow the instructions. If you have a MAC & have issues installing the APP. There is a guide in the How To Section.

Registered
OK it runs on my laptop, not sure whats going on on the iMac......I am downloading a file it recommended of MY20 even though my niro4+ is MY21. Its a DEAE.S5BLC.AEU model according to General Settings so not sure why its downloading an MY20 file?

Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
If only Kia's update website was just a website where you entered your vehicle VIN and a download button appeared. Then they would know exactly which configuration of car and which model-year, so you would get the right download without these problems. It would also mean no downloading and installation of apps, so Kia Customer Services could concentrate on supporting car issues not PC and Mac installation and permission issues!
(And people like me, using Linux, didn't have additional hoops to jump through)

Reactions: iooi and JohnnyDUK

Registered
The MY20 file is the correct one for the MY21 4+. I installed that file on my MY21 e-NIRO as soon as it was released. There is no separate file for the MY21. The installation software on the head unit will check that you have the correct version before proceeding with the update.

Super Moderator
I feel nervous installing that file as it is MY20, can anyone with an MY21 4+ post what software they have, I currently have one dated 210408 on my DEAE.S5BLC.AEU
If you look at ALL the Niro files there is no MY21.

Super Moderator
The MY date on the update web site is the date of the last facelift/specification change, not the year of your car. For example my car is MY20, but on the update site the software is MY18, which is when the Sportage model I have had a facelift/specification change.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK it runs on my laptop, not sure whats going on on the iMac......I am downloading a file it recommended of MY20 even though my niro4+ is MY21. Its a DEAE.S5BLC.AEU model according to General Settings so not sure why its downloading an MY20 file?
Where is this Kia Navigation Updater software available from and where are the source files for updating please?
This is the link for the updater software (I think).
Not sure about using mac though. Hope this helps.

Registered
Bit of advice. Purchase the correct size SD card, format it. Take photo of your satnav firmware etc from your screen. Remove your in car satnav card, keep it safe. Go to Kia website down load to Mac or PC, insert into your car. Hope it works, if not you have the original.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts