Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of switches with the lights gone. How do I get the switches out to sort out the lights?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi. If switches are longrectangualr in shape. Gently pry themoff from the consol or dash. They are held in by a tooth piece of plastic, should pop out. Remember to allow for the wire length when removing do not pull out in one go. Have a look at my post with PICS on 'change gear cables' there is a photo or two on how to remove the switches.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's getting hold of replacement bulbs that's the problem here ! Kia dealers don't want to know & the bosch- magnetti, marelli agent can't supply that size with the plastic locking base !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I followed guidance from SteveGx, but didn't follow the "gently" part - broke the front off the switch. My own fault. I have a replacement switch coming. I will follow previous guidance and take the dash off, which looks like the safest method. However, now I've broken the original, it WILL come out!
Useful information about the bulbs. Looks like long nights with eBay or trying to locate similar from different cars?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I used some LEDs in mine, and used the old bases, you can also buy the lamps from maplin, and then put them on the base, cant remember the code atm, but they are a 12V lamp, with just wires, no base.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As an aside here. I sold my previous Golf to a mate in the office, nice car but 3 door and hence useless for ferrying 4 on the school run, anyway, the air-con/heater control lights had gone and he hard a hard time finding replacements with VW wanting silly money to supply a OEM bulb. So he found a source of bulbs on EBay. 10 for £2, replaced his and then decided to punt the other 9 back on ebay along with picture instructions of how to prise off the heating controls and replace the bulb. He has now sold over 20 individual bulbs at £3/piece and his exercise in replacing the bulb has turned a £50 profit and counting.

Moral of the story, surce the right bulb, include pictures of what to do and sell the spare/leftovers on Ebay for a 1500% markup!

Cavey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts