Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday I reported to the dealer that I'm 99% sure the tracking is out. I noticed it on the way home from collecting it but thought it might be just me. I'm in my third week of ownership and i'm adamant it's getting worse. Even the wife has noticed it. Even on roads like glass it's evident that the wheel rests a couple of degrees to the left. I've even driven on the opposite side the road when it's clear to make sure it's not just the curvature causing it. Surely something as basic as tracking should have been noticed at PDI?
And if I get the old....you must have knocked a kerb...all hells going to open up! Wheels tires and my conscience are totally clear....
Anyway just gone and picked my daughter from school and when I pulled off I got a "ping" noise from the rear of the car. As if a spring was unloading itself. Had a really good look around the rear wheel arches and all seamed clear of debris. But happend another 2 times on the way home when pulling off and parking. Boots clear with nothing loose, same with rear seats other than my princess. Any ideas? Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ping noise is possibly the rear brakes slightly sticking on after hand break its released.best to get it checked out. As for tracking, it should have been done at pdi and any adjustment is covered under warranty for about the first 3 months I think.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Mr Kia. Not sure about the ping being the hand brake though as I got moving a good couple of feet before it happened but either way I'm going to keep a more close ear on it when I pull off next. One other thing I've noticed is the dash isn't lined up square with the seat. It's as though it's pointing outwards.. Seat could do with being an inch or more to the left.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Stand outside the car and lean in and rock the drivers seat back forwards and backwards, if there seems to be quite a bit of movement, the seat could be broken, not uncommon and may give the effect of dash 'pointing outwards'.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's brilliant advise. Every since I've had the car both front seats have seamed stiff on the runners as though the tilting mech is rubbing one side. Pushing it of centre maybe? Will have a look first thing in the morning. You a Kia tech by any chance?Edited by: RichieD76

1 - 5 of 5 Posts