Kia Owners Club Forum banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
A few weeks in now and still rattle free here. :thumbsup:
We've managed to get Bolton to look at ours again, so it's in tomorrow.

Do you have a name of the detailer, technician I can refer to the technician at Bolton? They don't want to have the car for a long period of time if they can't fix it so knowing what your fix was would help greatly. I can confirm that the worst of mine is from the right side of the deflector which has a cloth wrapped around it at the moment which is helping to deaden the knocking but an underlying rattle still persists which is from something else in the roof.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We've managed to get Bolton to look at ours again, so it's in tomorrow.

Do you have a name of the detailer, technician I can refer to the technician at Bolton? They don't want to have the car for a long period of time if they can't fix it so knowing what your fix was would help greatly. I can confirm that the worst of mine is from the right side of the deflector which has a cloth wrapped around it at the moment which is helping to deaden the knocking but an underlying rattle still persists which is from something else in the roof.
I'm not sure who the specific techy was, however the dealer in question is Vantage Kia, Bradford. They said it's on the system as a TSB (and had to order some parts for the fix hence it requiring re-booking in) but sadly I don't have any further info than that currently. I do believe they've been useful with sharing their info out to other dealers when referred by other members on this forum previously so I'm sure they'd be glad to be of assistance in this instance also.

Reactions: Aerobat

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not convinced the work on mine has made any difference at the moment. It's been wet lately, and my rattle was always much worse in the dry. Got a long trip which should be dry on Sunday so I'll see how it is then.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm not convinced the work on mine has made any difference at the moment. It's been wet lately, and my rattle was always much worse in the dry. Got a long trip which should be dry on Sunday so I'll see how it is then.
I've followed this thread with interest(I hate any kind of rattle with a passion) I once had a Focus St that developed a clicking rattle soon after purchase that was driving me insane. Car was booked in for a Monday and the day before we went for a drive, no rattle not a smidgen of anything, typical, car going in next day and all trace of rattle gone! Took car in anyway and on way it started to rattle again, and by the time theTech drove it, with me in, it was rattling and clicking like a good, un. It was traced to a broken spot weld on the A pillar. Upshot of this is that on the day before it went in it was pouring with rain. I just wonder if the rain cooled the metal in the affected area enough to close up this broken weld and stop it chafing. I note that some of you have said the rattle lessened or disappeared in wet weather. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
592 Posts
My car is back from it's service and apparently the TSB work was carried out which is :

Undo the bolts on the front of the sunroof, lubricate then put back in, just over hand tight. Then inspect the back of the glass to see if there is any adjustment to tightness of the screws needed.

This seems different from what other people have been saying - I thought the work needed would be more involved and take a fair amount of time to complete?

Anyway, my roof is still making a noise.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Groans. That’s pretty poor and not what we want. Have you told the dealer it hasn’t worked? If so, what was the response?

Mine goes in on Wednesday buddy, so will update.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Groans. That’s pretty poor and not what we want. Have you told the dealer it hasn’t worked? If so, what was the response?

Mine goes in on Wednesday buddy, so will update.
Yeah. Have fed back and mentioned Kia Bolton who had the Tech guy in there. The service manager says he will call the Tech hotline for more details and wants my car back in again.

Good luck with yours tomorrow!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah. Have fed back and mentioned Kia Bolton who had the Tech guy in there. The service manager says he will call the Tech hotline for more details and wants my car back in again.

Good luck with yours tomorrow!
Ours is back from Bolton and still making noise which I had the feeling it would. It's quieter but I'm putting that down to the weather as I'm sure when it gets back towards summer it will start clattering away again so I've put the rag back in the roof. I still have an annoying dash rattle which I've now decided I'm just going to try and tackle myself & also noticed yesterday that the plastic trim above the hatch is now coming away along the right hand side and won't go back up like a clip is missing or it's coming unstuck. :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi guys. So, have just picked the car up after the sunroof TSB fix.

There are no parts involved. They have taken off the glass and the rails. They have greased under the rails, then replaced the rails and greased on top of them. Then replaced the glass.

The master tech has test driven it and says he is ‘happy with it’. Just about to leave the dealer.

Fingers crossed. Will update later.

Cheers.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi guys. So, have just picked the car up after the sunroof TSB fix.

There are no parts involved. They have taken off the glass and the rails. They have greased under the rails, then replaced the rails and greased on top of them. Then replaced the glass.

The master tech has test driven it and says he is ‘happy with it’. Just about to leave the dealer.

Fingers crossed. Will update later.

Cheers.
I hope it works, but call me pessimistic, I'll believe it when I hear it! (or in your case, don't hear it :) )

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yep, quite agree. They left the cover shut. That’s not a good sign. It has pissed with rain ever since, so have no idea if it’s any better. To be honest, I’ll be stunned if it is.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So, three weeks later, I haven’t heard a peep from the sunroof. I have had the blind closed most of the time and often have music playing but so far, so good.

I am still sceptical that, once the sun comes out properly and I’ve open and closed the roof a few times, the creaking won’t come back, but fingers remain crossed all the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
There's something about this pic which makes the car look slightly different to me. Not sure what it is. Almost like it's had a face lift. Good Photo :)
Not sure what that might be, but thanks anyway buddy.
Loving this car more and more!

161 - 180 of 215 Posts