Kia Owners Club Forum banner

141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just an update on my situation re the dreaded rattle, it’s in at Bolton tomorrow they have some new parts as ordered by the Kia tec guy who drove the car last with me for about 45mins, they seem very confident on these parts resolving the rattle......let’s see...... these parts have come from Korea and are something that they have been working on ??????????????
Wow, very interesting indeed! Fingers crossed for you and let us know how it goes!!

If there is a fix, there’s a few of us that will be delighted!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, fingers crossed indeed! If this does work, the next issue will be getting my dealer to repeat the fix on my car. From experience they are not keen carrying out specific fixes on the say so of the customer as I found out with the diff oil fix.

Failing that, if the exhaust mod I'm having makes the car a lot louder, that may also fix the issue! :grin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok another update the car is now at Kia, I had a short version description of the work being carried out.

well I must say it is quite an in-depth fix looks like they are going to put some strengthening In the roof and on the passenger side behind the dash.

I was shown some pics of the areas being done, it’s definitely not a small job big strip out, I will give you all the full next week when I get it back.

One last thing the work being carried out Is by the main Kia Stinger tech guys from Kia uk working with the Guys at the dealership

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, fingers crossed indeed! If this does work, the next issue will be getting my dealer to repeat the fix on my car. From experience they are not keen carrying out specific fixes on the say so of the customer as I found out with the diff oil fix.

Failing that, if the exhaust mod I'm having makes the car a lot louder, that may also fix the issue! :grin:
Which exhaust have you gone for?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ok another update the car is now at Kia, I had a short version description of the work being carried out.

well I must say it is quite an in-depth fix looks like they are going to put some strengthening In the roof and on the passenger side behind the dash.

I was shown some pics of the areas being done, it’s definitely not a small job big strip out, I will give you all the full next week when I get it back.

One last thing the work being carried out Is by the main Kia Stinger tech guys from Kia uk working with the Guys at the dealership
Everything crossed for you. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Which exhaust have you gone for?

Good luck with this! Fingers crossed.

Not having a new exhaust, I'm having the existing one modified (resonator and back box).

Taking it here ->

I believe another forum member is going before me, at the beginning of next month so I'll be No. 2 :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good luck with this! Fingers crossed.

Not having a new exhaust, I'm having the existing one modified (resonator and back box).

Taking it here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGTc0OaO-Lk

I believe another forum member is going before me, at the beginning of next month so I'll be No. 2 :)
Been having a look around at some of PCW's other cars they've worked on and they seem to do a cracking job. Can I be cheeky and ask how much they're quoting for Stinger mods? I'm very tempted to take the 3hr drive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Been having a look around at some of PCW's other cars they've worked on and they seem to do a cracking job. Can I be cheeky and ask how much they're quoting for Stinger mods? I'm very tempted to take the 3hr drive :thumbsup:
£300.

Their Insta account is also a good place to see cars they've done - all sound great. I believe the chap (Paul) has also done a mod on Matt from Car Wow's 911.

https://www.instagram.com/pcw_exhaustmods/

·
Registered
132 Posts
£300.

Their Insta account is also a good place to see cars they've done - all sound great. I believe the chap (Paul) has also done a mod on Matt from Car Wow's 911.

https://www.instagram.com/pcw_exhaustmods/
Cheers mate - I have dropped Paul an email this morning. They're around 3hrs away from me according to Google Maps but for the price I don't think you can go far wrong for the results so I'm very tempted. Will be very interesting to hear the results if anyone posts them up post-mod in the mean time :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer tried to fix my sunroof rattle whilst the car was in for service, they were unable to do so and have asked that I leave the car with them for a couple of days so they can strip the headlining out, they have confirmed this by letter, just need to book it in now.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Guys,

Any roof developments to report? Has anyone managed to persuade Kia UK to take this seriously and work towards a fix / TPI??

I went back to my service manager yesterday as he hadn’t come back to me with Kia’s response.

Turns out Kia hasn’t responded to his previous query. He will ask his master tech to contact Kia again today.

The basic question is, “What can we do to help sort out our customer’s sunroof rattle if adjusting and greasing his roof hasn’t fixed it?”

Will update you all when I hear back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ours is driving me and my partner mad.

We experimented last night by putting a folded cloth over the wind deflector on the driver side which immediately stopped the knocking but not the rustling sound, so I've now cut a strip of cardboard to fit over the deflector, only from the middle to driver side as that's where it seems to be coming from, which I'll do when I finish work.

But it leads me to assume that the sunroof is misaligned enough to not fully compress the deflector allowing one end to flip up and hit the roof.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ours is driving me and my partner mad.

We experimented last night by putting a folded cloth over the wind deflector on the driver side which immediately stopped the knocking but not the rustling sound, so I've now cut a strip of cardboard to fit over the deflector, only from the middle to driver side as that's where it seems to be coming from, which I'll do when I finish work.

But it leads me to assume that the sunroof is misaligned enough to not fully compress the deflector allowing one end to flip up and hit the roof.
What a PIA! Has your dealer given up?

I am on the verge of kicking off big time, not just for me, but for all of us. My dealer is on his last chance in terms of persuading Kia to take it seriously. To be fair, he has done all he can. This is a Kia UK CS issue now for me.

My worry is that, if the Stinger is discontinued, Kia UK will wash their hands of this issue on the basis that there aren’t that many Stingers out there with this issue when you consider the bigger picture - i.e. the overall number of Kias on UK roads.

PS my rattle is at the back, so I don’t think deflector-related.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Stinger was in yesterday for some work on the sunroof. For background, I'd taken it in for a service a couple of weeks ago and (in a very offhand way to be fair) mentioned that it had a bit of a sunroof rattle. The upshot was when I picked it up, they were ordering some "parts" and would let me know when they arrived and would book it back in. Due to the time I was picking the car up that day I couldn't find out what these parts were or what they were proposing doing.

Now in fairness, my sunroof noise has never been a rattle as such, more like a patter and the sound of the seals. I would describe is the sound of rain on the sunroof, and it only happened when the car was dry. If the car was wet, I wouldn't get the noise.

Anyway, yesterday the car went in for the sunroof fix. I managed to speak to one of the guys there, who I don't think was actually pat of the service team, but seemed to know what he was talking about. Apparently the part was a "kit" that included special grease, and presumably a guide, because apparently the process would involve taking the sunroof out completely, checking nothing was broken, greasing, and readjusting. From context I'm not sure if this "kit" was specific to the Stinger or Kia sunroofs (sunrooves?) as a whole, and I didn't think to ask until after I left. He mentioned moving the glass up or down to better sit on the seals. I dropped it off at about 9.30 and he said it would probably be an all day job. In the event, they rang to say it was ready about 2.30. It was raining yesterday afternoon so couldn't really tell if it had made much difference.

This morning, the commute was pretty dry, it's been raining but I would have expected to hear a bit of noise from it, but in fairness, it was dead silent all the way in. Hopefully it stays dry for a few days now so I can see how well it's resolved, but early signs are good. I'll update next week with how it's getting on, I know a few other members have had similar work done and the rattle has come back after a few days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My Stinger was in yesterday for some work on the sunroof. For background, I'd taken it in for a service a couple of weeks ago and (in a very offhand way to be fair) mentioned that it had a bit of a sunroof rattle. The upshot was when I picked it up, they were ordering some "parts" and would let me know when they arrived and would book it back in. Due to the time I was picking the car up that day I couldn't find out what these parts were or what they were proposing doing.

Now in fairness, my sunroof noise has never been a rattle as such, more like a patter and the sound of the seals. I would describe is the sound of rain on the sunroof, and it only happened when the car was dry. If the car was wet, I wouldn't get the noise.

Anyway, yesterday the car went in for the sunroof fix. I managed to speak to one of the guys there, who I don't think was actually pat of the service team, but seemed to know what he was talking about. Apparently the part was a "kit" that included special grease, and presumably a guide, because apparently the process would involve taking the sunroof out completely, checking nothing was broken, greasing, and readjusting. From context I'm not sure if this "kit" was specific to the Stinger or Kia sunroofs (sunrooves?) as a whole, and I didn't think to ask until after I left. He mentioned moving the glass up or down to better sit on the seals. I dropped it off at about 9.30 and he said it would probably be an all day job. In the event, they rang to say it was ready about 2.30. It was raining yesterday afternoon so couldn't really tell if it had made much difference.

This morning, the commute was pretty dry, it's been raining but I would have expected to hear a bit of noise from it, but in fairness, it was dead silent all the way in. Hopefully it stays dry for a few days now so I can see how well it's resolved, but early signs are good. I'll update next week with how it's getting on, I know a few other members have had similar work done and the rattle has come back after a few days.
Mine was done last Thursday similarly... so far, no more rattles.

141 - 160 of 194 Posts