Kia Owners Club Forum banner

121 - 140 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Richan, tried to private message you, but it didn’t work. I think you either need to enable personal messages or add a few more posts to qualify to use it!

There is another excellent local dealer that you should try. Go West and look to the seaside!
Thanks dunc69 I had enabled personal messages and have posted 3 items. I'm new to this posting lark so not sure why it didn't work. Anyway it sounds like the place I bought the car from beginning with N. ?
I’ll try messaging again!
Nope, your messages are not enabled!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well went in this morning and I collect it tomorrow with nothing done! We got a call from them in the afternoon asking if any work had been done to the car, we replied no & they said they had started stripping the car down and noticed that it looked like part of the car has been repaired/resprayed and stopped work because they didn't want to do anything which might void the warranty, they had a guy come to confirm this too from their body shop.

They didn't really go into specifics of where this was but seems somewhere around the door/dash area because they were removing the dash to check for another problem aswell as the sunroof which they also admitted was fitted incorrectly, so they have reinstalled some stuff but left enough for us to take pictures when we go in tomorrow. I don't really know what to think about this but it's obviously been repainted before we took delivery and we've not been told. If it's for something minor/cosmetic I'm ok with that but if it's something more I want to know.
All this is from another KIA dealership because I didn't want to deal with Bolton anymore but looks like we're going to have to.
Sorry to hear this. What a PIA!

Very best of luck getting to the bottom of this!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ah, what a nightmare! Hopefully it was just cosmetic. I had a delivery mileage Punto once where this happened. I always assumed it must have been a bump on the transporter or something.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got the car back, the technician took us through to the service bay and showed us that there is a rough line that runs all the way around all 4 doors and the inner edge of the front wings and bumper about a cm in, he called it a dry edge and said it looks but can't be 100% positive without testing the paint, that the car has been repainted. I noticed a line above the door but always put it down to the rubber trim rubbing.

He also said that the repair to the sunroof was not acceptable and that if done that way he would have been in for a bollocking off his manager. eg cutting off bits of tape to use instead of nylon washers and also the black roof trim not installed correctly, he also mentioned something about it not closing the way it should. They stopped work because if they try to rectify work that Kia has already done they may not pay them for the work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They stopped work because if they try to rectify work that Kia has already done they may not pay them for the work.
What does that mean for you? You're essentially without a car until Kia authorise the work?

You probably have a courtesy car but that's besides the point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What does that mean for you? You're essentially without a car until Kia authorise the work?

You probably have a courtesy car but that's besides the point.
The car is back in our hands but we need to get in touch with Kia Bolton body shop have them check the paint and find out if was them that did it and why? And still don't know if Kia Bolton will accept the sunroof repair is not up to standard which I doubt they will.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The car is back in our hands but we need to get in touch with Kia Bolton body shop have them check the paint and find out if was them that did it and why? And still don't know if Kia Bolton will accept the sunroof repair is not up to standard which I doubt they will.
I'd be launching a verbal grenade down there bud. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction ASAP.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree with lufc, but I begrudge admitting that considering he supports Leeds. ?

So I got a voicemail whilst at work that stated;

"Your car is ready for collection but the technician needs a word with you when you collect it."

I interpreted this as 'we couldn't fix the car'.

Turns out I was right, but actually it's sort of a good news story. I'll go through each issue I reported to them;

GPF light - They couldn't find anything in the fault log but a customer has previously come in with this issue (on a Sportage) so I'm not alone. He said I needed to drive the car between 50-70mph between 1.5-4k revs for 30mins (which is stated in the manual) for the light to extinguish. I did inform him that the second time it came on I drove all the way to Dalby Forest on A/B/M roads for 1 1/2 hours and the light was still on. Also this is the fourth occurrence in 4k miles which is unacceptable considering I drive at 70mph every day to/from work. He just said to monitor the issue and come back in if needed.

Door creak - He has greased the window seal and as Odono stated, it resolved the issue.

Sunroof - apparently there are some service bulletins in existence for this issue such as removing some plastic guards and applying grease but it's not a complete fix. He contacted Kia Technical who formally recognised this issue and stated they are working on a technical fix which will more than likely result in a recall (he called it a feel fix, what ever that means, I think it's a fancy term for trial and error haha). They have asked me to be patient until a fix is available but couldn't provide a time frame.

My sunroof is worse than when I took it in lol but atleast they recognise the issue, that's the positive I've taken from this. A fix will come, it's just a matter of when.

Overall I'm not actually too deflated about this, purely because they admitted it's an issue that they're actively addressing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That does sound positive ref the roof. :) It would be nice to get a recall as then there'd be no arguments. The TSB for the diff oil didn't make it an easy ride for me - a recall is much more definitive.

I might try and grease the door myself. Is it where the glass touches the rubber at the top?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah he specifically mentioned that he greased the top because he had a good poke around and that's the location that creaked when he applied pressure. He said he used a dry lubricant. I'd just grease the whole seal to be honest, the additional time penalty will be minimal, probably take you an extra 20 seconds.

He was a really helpful chap to be fair.

Regards the sun roof, I'm not so sure it will result in a recall as they usually only do recalls for faults that result in a safety issue.

I imagine it will become a TSB and ultimately they'll forget to call me so I'll just bug them every 8 weeks or so. He did say he probably wouldn't forget to call me purely because mine is the first Stinger he's ever seen and driven, so it's not like this is a coon case for him. But we shall wait and see I suppose.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Iced, good news overall. My creaking door was instantly solved with grease. I’ve just ordered this so I can do it myself should the creaks come back:

Honda Genuine 08798-9013 Silicone Grease
(Amazon has it)

In relation to the roof, that’s pretty much where I am at, except I haven’t yet been told there will be a likely fix (TSB). But I have asked my dealer to ask the question of Kia (as above in this thread).

My roof creak is minor and I can live with it until a fix comes. And I think it will.

Despite getting worked up about it previously, I love everything else about the car so much and plan to keep it for a very long time, so I am prepared to wait.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wish mine was minor. I'll have to try and find a way of recording it whilst driving. It sounds like I'm exaggerating but it honestly sounds like I've got a few pebbles bouncing around on my sunroof. It really is that bad.

Fortunately, 98% of the time I'm listening to some heavy metal so it drowns it out. So it's not that it bothers me on a day to day basis. In fact my music is probably the cause of the issue, shaking everything loose!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wish mine was minor. I'll have to try and find a way of recording it whilst driving. It sounds like I'm exaggerating but it honestly sounds like I've got a few pebbles bouncing around on my sunroof. It really is that bad.

Fortunately, 98% of the time I'm listening to some heavy metal so it drowns it out. So it's not that it bothers me on a day to day basis. In fact my music is probably the cause of the issue, shaking everything loose!
If it’s that bad, you need to keep the pressure up on Kia. You’ll probably end up helping us all out!

Best wishes mate!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
So, this just arrived. Should help me if the doors start creaking again and a save another trip to the dealer.

How are you guys getting on with your sunroof issues? IcedEarth, have you managed to get any further with Kia?

Mine is still creaking away periodically, but less so I think now, probably because the temperature has dropped.

It’ll still need sorting eventually and I’m hoping a TSB / fix comes at some point soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
I haven't been back in touch yet mate as it was only two weeks ago when it was in the shop and they basically told me there's nothing else they can do until Kia provide an official fix.

My dictaphone arrived the other day though (for other purposes, didn't buy it just to record cockpit noise levels haha) but it does mean I have a device that can easily record sound whilst driving.

I'll try and post up a small audio log when it stops raining and starts rattling again. See if anyone else has it this bad. I could hear it over the radio the over morning.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Iced, it sounds louder than mine. I feel your pain. Such a pity about these roof rattles, spoils an otherwise fabulous machine.

I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer too. He has asked Kia if there is anything else they can suggest for mine

I’ll chase him this week. Good luck with your dealer and I look forward to the audio file. That might be useful for Kia to listen to too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just an update on my situation re the dreaded rattle, it’s in at Bolton tomorrow they have some new parts as ordered by the Kia tec guy who drove the car last with me for about 45mins, they seem very confident on these parts resolving the rattle......let’s see...... these parts have come from Korea and are something that they have been working on ??????????????

121 - 140 of 210 Posts