Kia Owners Club Forum banner
301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
250 miles today. Silent roof, well a slight creak on departure from Gloucester Services after the car had sat in direct sunlight for 30 mins. But silent after that. Pleased so far. I think, even if it starts creaking again, regular lube and a more relaxed mindset will help. Kia have done all they can.

Otherwise, sooooo good to have the car back. 35mpg today. Easy day with adaptive cruise, lane assist and quality tunes. Happy days. Love this car.

Also, reached a milestone....

·
Registered
845 Posts
Good to hear (or from your end, not to hear)!

Scratched bumper though. This is why taking the car to the dealer stresses me out. I insist they look round the car before I leave it, although last time (tried a new dealer) they took a video of the car without me asking which I thought was good. I've had a scratched bumper before on my old (and very unreliable) BMW - needed a respray.

Still not sure if I want to push the dealer to fix my creaks. How well did your roof lining go back in Dunc?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Roof lining back in okay. The whole inside was pretty much stripped. Rear nearside side bolster (sits under seat belt) has been creased, but hope this will straighten out.

The boot scratch will buff out I think. Hasn’t gone through the paint.

Sunroof has had a couple of wedges put in to stop the rattle. I’m sure this is a master tech ‘fix’ (bodge) and not a Kia Technical suggestion, but it is working.

I’ll post pics of the roof fix at some point.

Here’s the strip! To be fair, it has been put back together remarkably well.

Vehicle Car Hood Steering part Automotive tire

·
Registered
642 Posts
The creaks were spoiling the car for me. There was also something (probably a nut) under the floor rolling about, so I think they just stripped it to get to the bottom of everything and get rid of me for good! 🤣

·
Registered
Stinger GTS '17 (Ceramic Grey, Red Napa Leather)
19 Posts
The nut under the floor (only heard during hard acceleration or braking) was in addition to the roof creaks.
All quiet for now. Like a different car 🤞🤞
The dreaded creak is back with the warmer weather:(! I'll have to take it up with Kia Bolton when I take the car in for it's next service.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

This was my dealer’s solution - see white block between headlining and roof. Also apparently did something to the spot welds (between rails and roof I’m guessing) and regreased it all to death!

So far, so good! 🤞

Good luck with Bolton Kia!

·
Registered
642 Posts
So, have done 4,000 miles in a few short weeks as helping my folks move house - the creak is back with a vengeance!

I can quieten it down by opening and closing the roof, but it is becoming a pain.

Otherwise the car has been faultless, amazingly practical and incredibly frugal on a run…….

Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gauge Trip computer

·
Registered
845 Posts
Turns out my car has the foam block already installed. I don't remember the dealer ever telling me that they'd installed it!

Yes, the car is quite practical, although the boot is smaller than my old 3 series which did cause some "discussions" with my wife while we were packing for holiday a few weeks ago :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is probably not the same issue here, but it may be helpful info anyway. I started to get rarttle / creaking from sunroof area on my 19 plate Stinger. So, using an aerosol of silicone spray, i liberally lubricated ALL the rubber sections of the roof that contact the sheet metal as well as the glass roof seal. I didn't spray directly but onto a rag then wiped on. You will have to open the roof fully and also then tilt position to gain access to all the rubber. Worked a treat. I know it will come back but if its stays quiet for a couple of months between applications then all good. Give it a go.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yesterday, it seemed like the entire car was creaking, not just the roof. There were noises from absolutely everywhere. Even my wife complained about it, although she was blaming the seats post the leather replacement. It wasn't that, it was just all the seals around the doors and windows I think.

Anyway, going off my Stinger now. I went in my mates Model 3 for the first time at the weekend (the basic one) and now my car feel like something out of the Victorian age. It's really annoying!

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've placed a order for the EV6 pretty sure when i get test drive I will probley feel the same :unsure:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I thought the same when I ordered my new car, which should arrive Mid to End of August I cannot wait, especially after being invited down to Hyundai's UK headquarters the other weekend. They brought in a couple of LHD models of our cars just so we could physically look and drive the car, had breakfast and chatted to the VIP team who are looking after all the customers who ordered the Limited edition (P45) Ioniq 5. Was a great day and the car was fantastic. Will post some pictures when I get it.
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
845 Posts
I know this EV thing is off topic, but unless you're a die hard petrol head (in the true sense of the word - I love cars, but am open to all propulsion technologies!) then internal combustion is fast becoming something of a bygone age.

In terms of creaks, given the model 3 was so quiet, I didn't hear a single rattle or creak coming from it - it was one of the Chinese ones with the the black trim instead of chrome. The build seemed good.

301 - 320 of 358 Posts