Kia Owners Club Forum banner

221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
So new HuD seems okay.

Sunroof booking 4th - 6th November plus a courtesy car. Yet another trip to the dealer......🙄🤦

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah, I hate the thought of having the car taken apart as it will never go back together as well, plus I'm always paranoid they miss out clips etc, which probably doesn't matter much, but the thought irritates my OCD! 😂

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, I hate the thought of having the car taken apart as it will never go back together as well, plus I'm always paranoid they miss out clips etc, which probably doesn't matter much, but the thought irritates my OCD! 😂
If they f#*k it all up, I may have to move on....

I love the engine, the toys and all the positive comments I get. It’s a fantastic car and a wonderful ownership proposition. Holding its value well too.

But, I can’t deal long-term with a car that has rattles. Spoils it for me. I love listening to music, and that helps most of the time as the rattles are drowned out, but occasionally it’s nice to cruise in peace and quiet. That’s tricky if the roof is creaking for England.

We’ll see 🤞🤞

·
Registered
645 Posts
Mine is just creaking, a bit like the sound of leather rubbing so I can live with it, but there's no way I could cope with a consistent rattle.

The problem is, if you wanted to replace the Stinger, there's simply nothing else that comes close, unless you're willing to sink some serious cash!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mine is just creaking, a bit like the sound of leather rubbing so I can live with it, but there's no way I could cope with a consistent rattle.

The problem is, if you wanted to replace the Stinger, there's simply nothing else that comes close, unless you're willing to sink some serious cash!
Very true. What to replace it with? Two years of detailed research led me to my Ceramic Grey 2019 car.
Only thing I can think of would be a facelift Ceramic Grey Stinger GTS. I’m not sure Mrs Dunc would be overly keen on agreeing to that though!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Going through the thread again, a couple of you seem to have had a successful fix, I assume the fix has been permanent as there's been no update.

I think it would be helpful to know how many don't have problems with the sunroof or have a had a permanent result.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Going through the thread again, a couple of you seem to have had a successful fix, I assume the fix has been permanent as there's been no update.

I think it would be helpful to know how many don't have problems with the sunroof or have a had a permanent result.
Yep, agreed. Would be helpful. Also would be good to know how many have decided to live with minor rattles.

·
Super Moderator
3,357 Posts
No problem for over 2 years and then I foolishly opened the roof on a very hot day this summer!
Going to leave it until my 3 year service in April 2021 but see if opening it on a cold day this winter will fix it!
Remember I have the 2 litre GT-Line S - but fortunately don't use the roof much.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
This is exactly what I found when I decided to change my 2018 Stinger, everything else was either less BHP for more money, didn't have the same amount of kit but cost more, cost more in insurance/tax for less, less warranty etc, in the end I got such a good deal trading in for a new 2020 Stinger I would have been foolish not to do it....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before you take your Stinger in for a sunroof repair, check foir other sources of rattles.
I began hearing rattles on a couple of occasions.
The first was diagnosed as my StopLock pro rattling on the floor.
The second time it was my sunglasses in the sunglass holder.
:D

·
Registered
645 Posts
Another ways of testing are to close the blind and see if it gets quieter, and also putting the roof in tilt. Both of these make the roof quieter (tilt makes it totally silent).

·
Registered
Stinger GTS '17 (Ceramic Grey, Red Napa Leather)
1 Posts
Hi all,

Just discovered that this is a common problem after searching online and finding this very helpful forum! Have been to Kia Bolton twice with this issue and they didn't even acknowledge it is a common problem - which it very clearly is! Reading the posts has been very helpful! I am hoping a third time visit, armed with the info from this forum will help!

·
Registered
701 Posts
That's my fear Duncan my buffing noise on happens for the first 10 mins, and they want my car for the week dread to think what they intend to do, to the point where i might just put up with it rather then it coming back with rattles or worse still any damage :mad:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm surprised that this issue is still ongoing with the Stinger. It is such an fine looking car and if I was a few years younger, would love to own and drive such a "beast".

My Optima SW is 2 years old now and the panorama roof has been a superb feature and (touch wood) has been totally rattle free whether open/closed/tilted, driven over varying road surfaces etc. I am sure it must be sourced from the same supplier as the Stinger's roof and it does make me wonder whether the Stinger issues are peculiar to that model because of a design issue in the car itself. Surely within Kia worldwide, there is good technical knowledge of the cause of this issue and a suitable fix?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tommo, you would have thought so! Fingers remaining crossed as I love everything else about the car!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had a Ford Kuga and the sunroof on that drove me mad managed to sort it myself in the end using felt pads.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My sunroof 7/19 model has been problem free up to now. Hope it stays that way

·
Registered
645 Posts
Sunroofs can be a problem in all cars. I suppose it's not surprising considering the body flex that all cars have. It must be quite a hard engineering challenge to make them work - so much so that many can't reliably manage it. Given the choice, I'd never spec one.

A Bentley bentayga I recently went in had a nasty rattle too.

Mine's going in in December to a new dealer. Let's see what they say. I'm resigning to the chance that if the roof isn't quiet from day one, it will never be.

As Odono say, I don't like the idea of the roof being taken out, something is bound to be broken or scratched in the process.

221 - 240 of 242 Posts