Kia Owners Club Forum banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
So, 6 weeks after the sunroof TSB / TPI fix, no discernible rattle / creak has returned.
Fingers remain crossed.

As has been said above, the return of warmer weather and direct sunlight will be the true test.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi All. Any news on the fix working? I took my Stinger out yesterday for an essential trip after 2 weeks on the drive. The weather has been pretty hot in Bristol over the last few days and the sun roof rattle has got worst. ☹

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine is definitely a lot better since the fix. Had the blind back this last few days whilst it's been baking and I haven't noticed it at all to be honest - before it would have been clunking and cracking away like a good 'un.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. 😃
I've just spoken with Chippenham Kia. Earliest booking slot is 8th July. I'll just have to set the Media volume to high in the meantime for those essential journeys. 🙉😂

·
Registered
383 Posts
Direct sunlight makes it worse. Mine has been tucked away all winter behind the blind since the fix. No noise at all.

Opened it up last week. Now gently rattling again.... 🙄

I think it’s a ‘learn to live with it thing!’
Sadly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank goodness I didn’t go for the sunroof. I live in Wales so thought it wasn’t worth it!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mine's going in for a service in a couple of weeks, but it's essential work only so the sunroof will have to wait a it longer. 😟

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi same problem here massive like knocking/rattling/creaking very loud went to the local dealer who used to be kia Harratts Wakefield but now moved to Kia Picadilly motors Wakefield, had to wait for an Kia expert to arrive removed all seats roof etc never found out what they did must have used some sort of glue as left it all over the paintwork etc has the car 7 weeks, seemed to be ok for around a week then lockdown, now we just have the creak when the blind is open and gone when its shut, booked in again with the new Kia dealer, I know its not much of an issue but could not find any mention of the rattle etc in the brochure! re-booked at new Kia Dealer lets see what happens keep well

·
Registered
383 Posts
Had my roof ‘fixed’ by Kia end of last summer. Lasted all winter, but hardly used it.
As soon as I started using the roof, guess what....

Had it in on Friday, they took the roof glass off again and straightened the rails, again. Lubed all round. Told me that a slight rattle was insufficient for a replacement roof under warranty.....

They also took the HUD casing apart and secured the glass part (it might be plastic) down before putting the frame back on - this was due to a really irritating rattle over poor road surfaces. It was definitely the HUD as I could stop the rattle by pressing down on its frame or the glass.

Time will tell how they both go.... will report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi same problem here massive like knocking/rattling/creaking very loud went to the local dealer who used to be kia Harratts Wakefield but now moved to Kia Picadilly motors Wakefield, had to wait for an Kia expert to arrive removed all seats roof etc never found out what they did must have used some sort of glue as left it all over the paintwork etc has the car 7 weeks, seemed to be ok for around a week then lockdown, now we just have the creak when the blind is open and gone when its shut, booked in again with the new Kia dealer, I know its not much of an issue but could not find any mention of the rattle etc in the brochure! re-booked at new Kia Dealer lets see what happens keep well
Update

New Kia main dealer now doing the exact same "fix's" as the previous Kia main dealer that did not work makes you wonder! now waiting to hear back to Kia HQ UK Tech department what the next move is....to be continued..........

·
Registered
383 Posts
Update

New Kia main dealer now doing the exact same "fix's" as the previous Kia main dealer that did not work makes you wonder! now waiting to hear back to Kia HQ UK Tech department what the next move is....to be continued..........
Let us know Steve. I think a new roof under warranty would be the ideal, but Kia will be wary of opening the floodgates!

Good luck!

181 - 200 of 215 Posts