Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here not sure if this is the right place to post this but can anyone help, I had a flat battery, recharged and car starts and runs ok but the sunroof windows heater and radio are not working, checked the fuses for the above mentioned and all are ok, any suggestions as to my problem? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,637 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It would help members respond by telling them which Kia model you own, what year and the engine - the more car info the better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mr.macspot thanks for your reply and welcome
It's a 2005 2L Sportage xs everything was working great, the battery went dead as a result of it not being used for a good few months

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply but the windows and sunroof aren't working at all along with the heater and radio, and I've also noticed that the clock isn't working either.
cheers

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Hi & welcome.

Thread title edited to show issue.

Is this a new battery, of was the old one recharged? If recharged was it disconnected from car?

Wonder if something has been missed reconnecting battery to car. Or fried a relay in the main engine bay fuse box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi it was a new battery but with not using the car had gone flat. It was disconnected while being charged but all the wires that need reconnecting are joined to the post clamps.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi oldyam yes the fuses for all that's not working are all ok, must admit I'm proper stumped with it. It's the first problem I've ever had with her she's been a great car and still in very good condition inside and out.
Just to be sure, there are often 2 locations one in the cabin and one under the bonnet. The ones under the bonnet tend to be bigger and more general fuses, more like a master fuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to be sure, there are often 2 locations one in the cabin and one under the bonnet. The ones under the bonnet tend to be bigger and more general fuses, more like a master fuse.
Hi Crckleymal thanks for your reply, yes the fuses under the bonnet are all good too. As for the relays I'm unsure about them as I don't know how to test them and I'm unsure as to which one would actually cause this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts