Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed a little water mark on my passenger seat , but its dry never seen it wet & it could come off a coat .

but Ihave noticed the mirrors in the sunvisors are sometimes fogged up& the bottom of the passenger visor is bubbled at the bottom as if its got wet .

To check

I drove home last night & it was dry , so I didn't get wet getting in the car/ made the mats wet .

It rained on the way home & yet this morning both mirrors ( with the covers closed ) were fogged up . The windscreen was only wet on the outside .

Ive checked the floor wells & they are dry . Its going in next month for its service & APW , but might get it looked at before as it could be a leak or justpoor quality visors ?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have read on the USA forum of a couple of bubbled sunvisors...... i assumed they had put their issue down to the heat of the sun with been parked up all day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Science!

So the mirrors inside the sunvisors are collecting 'surface moisture' over night and inevitably that moisture is running down the mirrors and creating droplets...

It's simply humidity in the air. Quite why it collects is a bit weird. Guessing the car is parked in a garage overnight.

I'd fold a few sheets of bog roll over and shut them in the sun visor and see if it made any difference...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
do you use your aircon much?...... i use mine every day for a short while and its meant to dry out the air in the car.... maybe try that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the window deflectors (available on eBay in the US for $30-$40 USD) which allow you to
leave the windows down a bit to allow cross ventilation. Seems to be working to avoid internal

fogging of windows when I open the car in the morning. I use a large squeege when the car

is covered with condensation (sadly my Soul must sit outdoors at night), and dry the residuals

with small turkish towels. It's cheaper than washing the car at a car wash or at home. It also

allows me to monitor for problems with the paint, etc.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
have a look on the USA forum, some owners are complaining that the rear window visors of a certain brand fall off...... i think its heiko, so you should be ok with the Kia ones - but double check first.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine had its first service today & when i mentioned about the sun visors , they just said they will order me a new pair . The guy said it has happend to a few models & it was that easy .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts