Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. A little while ago I posted a messageas my Sportage only runs smoothly when the air con is switched on.I can't findmy postingin the forum history so don't know how many people have looked at the posting but somebody did suggest that it may be linked to the EGR Valve. I have had a new valve fitted earlier this year when thecar suffered a complete loss ofpowerand the dash warning light came on to suggest it was faulty. Another member asked how much a valve is. A valve and gaskets was £312.00. Pattern valves do not seem to be avaiable yet. My missfire still exists so I guess I'll just leave the air con switched on unless somebody knows how to cure the problem!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well known issue, theres a repair kit available now for egr valves, and theres also a new ecm upgrade that cures the issue for good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

I experience this problem with my Sportage - can you tell me if the EGR repair is needed always?

Or is it just a software upgrade?

I've run my car from new with the air-con always on (by coincidence because I like it) but I have noticed this problem.

It's not a big problem, just a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
In my case the EGR was simply cleaned (under warranty) and I've had no problems since (around a year ago now).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,

I was getting the misfire at low speeds just before the first service was due,after the service the garage told me they had done the software up grade to stop this,but also said the supermarket fuel would not have helped.

Itried the premium grade fuels but the missfire was still there but only on the odd occasion,as the premium fuels where working out fairly expencive i decided to try the millers additive with supermarket fuel & as for over one year smooth clean engine.

The additive is £12 a bottle & lasts me about 1 year so works out cheeper than premium fuels,hopefully it is also keeping the EGR valve cleaner?

Cheers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Dan,
Yes, 2.0l CRD.

The additive is millers diesel power ecomax,£12 from halfords or slightly cheeper off the net.

should make a difference in about 100-200 miles.

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts