Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI , my sister-in-law has a Soul Samba which when she selected reverse the gearbox jammed and could not get any drive when raising the clutch pedal. She phoned the R.A.C and the mechanic reported that he removed the gearstick cover but the gearbox appeared to be jammed internally. He raised the front wheels and managed to release the gearbox out of reverse, then took it for a drive and everything seems to be working ok.

Has anyone else had the problem and should she take it to a main dealer? The car is a manual 09 plate.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd get it checked out at the main dealer for peace of mind, and to prevent any guarantee problems in the future.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I would try to get some feed back from the RAC and log a complaint so as Nat said should anything happen later it'son fileat Kia.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
There are a few instances of this on the USA site. Seems to be caused by an occassional misalignment when people quickly go from 1st to reverse... ie a 3 point turn. Seems the answer is to rock the car slightly when locked in gear and carefully slip the gear lever back into neutral.

But definately report it to the dealer. There was a TSB issued on the manual cars to improve the gearchange in the USA. Might be worth checking if it applied to the UK cars and has been carried out if it was.
Edited by: tempest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts