Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting of to work this morning at 05.10, I made my way to the M1 (about 1 mile from home) thats after defrosting the Sedona.
Got on the motorway ok, driving down around 60mph and I kept feeling a vibration coming through the steering wheel, front of the car. Ive never felt it before, anyway, slowed down to 50mph and vibration got worse, speeded up and it calmed down abit. This carried on for most of the journey.

After 20 mile, I approached the slip road and nothing, no vibration, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20mph, nothing.

Strange, I know it was -5ish but cant understand how that would effect the Sedona, unless it was a tyre. Brakes was'nt stuck on, Discs wearnt red and to hot.

Any body got any idea as to what it could be?

Rich.

·
Registered
702 Posts
rich5 said:
Setting of to work this morning at 05.10, I made my way to the M1 (about 1 mile from home) thats after defrosting the Sedona.
Got on the motorway ok, driving down around 60mph and I kept feeling a vibration coming through the steering wheel, front of the car. Ive never felt it before, anyway, slowed down to 50mph and vibration got worse, speeded up and it calmed down abit. This carried on for most of the journey.

After 20 mile, I approached the slip road and nothing, no vibration, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20mph, nothing.

Strange, I know it was -5ish but cant understand how that would effect the Sedona, unless it was a tyre. Brakes was'nt stuck on, Discs wearnt red and to hot.

Any body got any idea as to what it could be?

Rich.
<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Maybe it was the tyre had a small flat spot on it after standing out in the minus temperatures over night due to the heavyweighton the front end. after 20 or so maybe it heated up enough to resume it's original shape hence no more vibration, just a thought.

·
Registered
536 Posts
thats a bloodygood diagnosis bruno! never thought of anything like that, or it could have been a bit of ice/snow in the wheel rim that broke loose when slowing down? Either way rich hope it doesnt happen again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Set of for home last night, hit the M1, No vibration.

Same journey this morning, 1 big difference though, it was warmer last night, no frost. The old Sedona was fine, no vibration, nothing.
So it must just have been the cold and frost.

Strange things cars and cold weather. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick one, Ive never known a car that takes so long for the coolant system to get warm.

It seems to take for ever to get hot so you can circlulate the warm air in the front of the car.
Is there anything that can be done to make it a bit quicker? That air inlet in the bonnet wont make it any better though, shame they dont come with a winter/ summer setting.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thermostat could be stuck open. But unless your seeing the car engine temp running low all the time it's unlikely. That assuming its part of the same cooling loop. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
390 Posts
rich5 said:
Just a quick one, Ive never known a car that takes so long for the coolant system to get warm.

It seems to take for ever to get hot so you can circlulate the warm air in the front of the car.
Is there anything that can be done to make it a bit quicker? That air inlet in the bonnet wont make it any better though, shame they dont come with a winter/ summer setting.
Hi. Yes they do take a while to heat up and when they do the thermo temp guage stays around half way on the dial. I have started to start the car a few mins before driving off. This warms the car and eases in the oil too. A way to reduce the amount of water to heat is, if you do not use it or need it, by pass the rear heater pipes. Go under drivers seatside of car.\\you will see to metal pipes going to two ruber pipes. Conect the two metal pipes together at the bulk head. Alonger piece of pipe will do, remember not to kink it. Or bend a piece of 15mm coppper pipe and attach byrubber pice of pipe and clip. I am making a by pass for mine as a repair part just in case of emergencies on the road if rear heater pipes go!.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
82 Posts
Two heater = lots of water to heat.
I had something similar to this thread, i developed a rumble from the front all very odd just started during a journey. Checked front tyres and found a lump off really sticky foam practically welded on. I had to use a scraper to remove. Problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts